Old July 4th 04, 10:31 PM
Steve Perry

Default Police listening on scanner Digital or old

Hi
My friend has asked me this question for many years he has owned and
listened to the cops on his analogue scanner purely for general
interest in his office just make the time go quicker!.
The cops now seem to have a new system which apparantly is digital it
looks like a sooped up mobile phone/radio.
He is asking if there is anyway he can listen to them and what
equipment he needs to buy and where can we can get it from?
We are in Bucks and it is Thames Valley cops
Old July 5th 04, 07:29 AM
Reed

A little research with Google reveals that Thames Valley has
converted to the new TETRA system that is being installed in the
UK. It seems that to date no scanner is available to monitor this
system.
see http://uk.geocities.com/surreyscanner/tetra.html
for some background information.

--