Old July 5th 04, 04:58 PM
JoeCap393

Default Uniden BC580 - Question

Hi all,
I have a Uniden BC580, and I would love to pick up the 800mhz range. Is there
anything I can do to this model to accompolish this?

If not, what other models would you recommend for the casual user?

Thanks!
Joe

Old July 6th 04, 12:05 AM
mike

try www.mods-dk

mike

"JoeCap393" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a Uniden BC580, and I would love to pick up the 800mhz range. Is

there
anything I can do to this model to accompolish this?

If not, what other models would you recommend for the casual user?

Thanks!
Joe

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old July 8th 04, 08:16 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Go to this site

http://www.strongsignals.net/index.cgi

and check out the FREQUENCY and TRUNKING

http://strongsignals.net/access/boards/trunking/board.cgi

http://strongsignals.net/access/boards/frequency/board.cgi

messages boards, go down the bottom, under the text pain.
Look over the resources for frequency and trunking systems in
your area of the country, to see if the 800 MHz band is trunked, then look at
the
trunk tracking models to see if they will support the trunking, that is work the
systems.
If after reviewing the FREQUENCY resources for your area ,you do not find any
800 MHz activity then this is
all a moot exercise.

If any of the systems mention APCO
and/or P-25, the APCO systems are both trunked and conventional.
You will need a digital trunk tracker scanner!
Be careful there are several other digital modes that are not covered
by the hobby digital trunk trackers.

DOWN LOAD A MANUAL BE FORE YOU BUY
It's great to have a manual for any electronic gear on the hard drive! It will
help you learn how to us the gear while your deciding to buy!
Also look at the specifications in the on line manual, match them
up to the systems. The advertisements will also tell you what systems/modes are
not supported.
The software programming is the best way to us the newer radios!
check out the software resources at stronsignals.net!

Then you can make a fully educated choice on weather you will want to purchase a
new trunk tracker scanner.
After purchasing a new digital trunk tracker either try selling the BC580, trade
it in on the new
radio, give it away or us it for conventional VHF UHF frequencies and keep the
trunking and/or digital commas
in the new radio.
Jim

Old July 9th 04, 03:01 AM
JoeCap393

Jim,
Thank you so much. I apperciate all the info!

Joe

Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
CB and Microphone Question Jeff CB 0 March 1st 04 05:48 PM
newbie uniden question john Scanner 2 October 14th 03 02:45 AM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM