Old January 9th 05, 01:15 AM
A. Kay

Default Looking for Taxi Frequency in Lynnwood, WA

I have been trying to scan for the frequency for a moderately sized local
taxi service called North End Taxi in Lynnwood, Washington. This company
also has an office in Shoreline, Washington. I thought the easy way would
be go to the FCC website and look up all the commercial radio licenses in
Washington state. I looked at all the companies that remotely resembled a
taxi or car service and came up with nothing in the whole state at this
location.
I found Yellow Cab's frequency (461.525) by scanning, but have come up with
nothing for North End Taxi.
Has anyone found this frequency?

Old January 9th 05, 02:14 AM
Fuzzy

A. Kay wrote:
I have been trying to scan for the frequency for a moderately sized local
taxi service called North End Taxi in Lynnwood, Washington. This company
also has an office in Shoreline, Washington. I thought the easy way would
be go to the FCC website and look up all the commercial radio licenses in
Washington state. I looked at all the companies that remotely resembled a
taxi or car service and came up with nothing in the whole state at this
location.
I found Yellow Cab's frequency (461.525) by scanning, but have come up with
nothing for North End Taxi.
Has anyone found this frequency?

The only frequencies for North End Taxi that I could find are for
Seatle. These frequencies a
152.3750 as base and 157.6350 as mobile. Hope this helps.
Old January 9th 05, 06:56 PM
Evan Platt

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:15:07 GMT, "A. Kay"
wrote:

I have been trying to scan for the frequency for a moderately sized local
taxi service called North End Taxi in Lynnwood, Washington. This company
also has an office in Shoreline, Washington. I thought the easy way would
be go to the FCC website and look up all the commercial radio licenses in
Washington state. I looked at all the companies that remotely resembled a
taxi or car service and came up with nothing in the whole state at this
location.
I found Yellow Cab's frequency (461.525) by scanning, but have come up with
nothing for North End Taxi.
Has anyone found this frequency?

Can't help you, but keep in mind, they could be 800 trunked, UHF
trunked, or even licensed to another company, i.e. ABC Two-Way Radio
ship which licenses them or sells them repeater time.

Take a frequency counter and go near their office / dispatch.
Old January 9th 05, 07:06 PM
A. Kay

Thanks Fuzzy,
Where did you find this information?

Old January 10th 05, 12:18 AM
George Kinzer

go to radioshack, get police call book or CD
it will list local frequencies

Old January 10th 05, 01:37 AM
Fuzzy

"Fuzzy" wrote in message

A. Kay wrote:

[...]

Glad that you found the information usefull. Actually I got the
information out of a directory that I purchased at Radio Shack titled
Beyond Police Call. It is a a directory of what frequencies that are in
use by whom and by city and state. Example: North End Taxi was listed
under Washington State in Seatle, so I just passed the only frequencies
that I was able to find for North End Taxi.
Old January 10th 05, 07:32 AM
A. Kay

Here's another question. I have not been able to verify that this frequency
is specifically for North End Taxi, but it does sound like a taxi service.
I can only hear the base station on 152.375 but not the mobiles (on
157.635). I would not expect to hear every mobile, but I would have
expected to hear some. Would the mobiles have a radio that would transmit
differently from the frequency assigned by the FCC for the mobile units?