Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 16th 05, 06:05 AM
bluecool

Default Antenna advice - best super gain

Hey,
New to the boards. Cool topics. I live in a city area and want to pick up
much more than the rubber duck that came with either of my portables. I
want something easy to hook up that will help me get train frequencies
and maybe ships at sea (about 4 miles from my house).

I bought a Discone off Ebay, for my roof but it gets less than my rubber
duck! Could be the poor coax I used, but still, I lost all the NOAH
weather freq.s and I only gained some snowy CB trucker signals on 19.

I'm now looking at the indoor flexable antennas like the C.Crane 15.75” CC
Super Gainer.
Anyone know these?
Do they work?

Thanks.

bluecool-

Make your own T2FD Kees Shortwave 75 July 2nd 04 07:54 AM
GE Superadio III earphone difficulty - and what is OHM rating Ronald Shortwave 49 January 22nd 04 07:04 PM
FS: Connectors/Adapters/Meters/Etc. Ben Equipment 0 January 1st 04 02:55 PM
X-terminator antenna (Scott Unit 69) CB 77 October 29th 03 01:52 AM