Old March 21st 05, 01:20 PM
Gerry Wheeler

Default RS Pro-89 programming question

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:33:36 -0500, LoneGunman wrote:

This weekend, at the 12 Hours of Sebring, I was trying to program the
freqs of my favorite team(Rollcentre), but for some reason it wasn't
cooperating.

The frequency I wanted to put in was 152.4425 and 157.7025, but after
entering the freq(using Prolink via computer, and manually) the scanner
would change them to 152.4400 and 157.7000.

Is this how its supposed to function, and I'm just SOL on listening to
this team?

Hey, I was at Sebring too. I'm hoping to write up some notes about the
scanning there, and I'll post an update.

re your question: I would guess that the Pro-89 was rounding the
frequencies to what it figured are the actual values allowed in that band.
If you're certain you know the correct frequencies it might be that the
band plan has changed since the Pro-89 was made. It shouldn't matter much,
though. The values it rounded to are only off by 2.5 KHz, and most
scanners will receive the signal OK with that offset.

I just checked on my scanner (BC246T) using its default band plans. It
rounds to 152.4450 and 157.7050 for those frequencies. I can change its
channel offsets and probably force it to use those frequencies you gave,
but they don't seem to be normal values for that band.

--
Gerry Wheeler
Naples, FL