Old December 16th 05, 02:42 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Bearcat BCT-8 software

I have had no success in figuring our part of the software included
with my scanner.

For instance in the database window: Window|Reference Database.... I
can't get it to do a thing. Does it? If so, how do you get it to do
anything?

Second, I can't make it import .csv files.

Third, most of the time, I can't get it to paste anything into the
database...I got it to work once and can't duplicate whatever I did.

THEN - I was wondering about the purchased software (key). Has anybody
bought it? Does it work ok?

Old December 16th 05, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bill Crocker

Don't waist time with the cheesy software Uniden gives you. Check out
Butel's offering: ARC8

http://www.butelsoftware.com/

Bill Crocker

ups.com...

Old December 17th 05, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Thanks, Bill. That's about what I thought. I have used the Butel/ARC8
software and liked it much better. I think that's what I'll do.