Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 9th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Sheraton Hotel Security frequencies

Hi everybody,

I would need some pointers with the following issue:

I am taking my kids to a State Chess Tournament in Miami in which 1000+
kids will be staying at a local Sheraton hotel. Considering how unsafe
Miami is, I would feel much better if I could listen to the chatter of
the Sheraton's security service during this 2 day tournament. I have
read that some hotels use frequences in the 400MHz range while others
use frequencies in the 150MHz range. Since this is a major hotel I
will have a hard time figuring out who is who just by scanning these
two bands (not to mention that security is the one service *least*
likely to transmit much until something is already happening). I even
though about calling the hotel, but considering that they will house
over 1000 kids they are most unlikely to agree to give me their
frequencies.

Since I am using a Radio Shack PRO-97 I might also get a picture of
what is going on by using its Signal Stalker II, but again I fear that
I might get pretty much everybody except security.

Any ideas as to how I should takle this issue? Is there a way of
finding out at least in what frequency range I should be looking?

Many thanks,