Old July 30th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default News From Burr

Sorry for the way this looks, but that's the way it came)

Our News Letter for July,
Another happy “wet� month in the Philippines, it has rained very
hard night and
day for the last four weeks, we have had typhoons running north of us out to sea

but the rain bands have been passing over us in waves of rain. Everything is
wet,
the walls the van and us. Today we had five hours of sun shine, opened the house
up
and aired it out, sure feels nice! It’s raining again, hard! There is a big
storm
that may go right over us next week unless it turns.
We now have two wonderful little dogs, Ralf the Japanese Spitz and
Blackie the
Miniature Pinscher. We tried to keep a Basset Hound but it just didn’t work
(The
Rude French). We have had Ralf for a year but just got Blackie this week. We
have a
well guarded house with lots of noise. We have built a great friendship with a
local veterinarian. He is becoming a good friend; his wife is a nurse (RN)
We two retirees try to get up by 7 or so everyday then we sit on the
porch and
drink our morning pot of coffee before we rush in the kitchen for our late
breakfast. Over breakfast we try to decide what we are going to do with the rest
of
the day. We like to ride out to a mall about 12 miles north and have lunch while

watching crowds of people climbing over each other trying get their shopping
done
at lunch time (we always try to get a table right in the way of the kids)!
I find lots of little things to do around here some days if I look, I don’t
look
too hard! I have been rebuilding little things around the house or maybe I
should
say I have been watching other people rebuild little things around the house.
Last
week I had the outside of the out side fence glazed over so week can “have�
it
painted. Today I bought hollow brick and cement to line our outside flower box
in
front of the house; they start on that next week. I’ll try to find time to
take
pictures of the house so I can send you copies.
Nonet’s big project are drapes, she is making new drapes for the house with a
foot-pump sawing machines. She is so happy and proud of her drapes, she just
sparkles!!!! Each room is getting a different set, color and with matching
sheets in
the bedrooms.
I am thinking of getting into “Racing Pigeons�. I have researched racing
pigeons
for three weeks on the net and have a ream of information. I have my plans for a

little loft and will start with two sets of sitting birds. The doc will give me
set of new 21 day old birds so I can start flying sooner. It takes seven months
have a pigeon ready to race. The only drew back is that I will have to be here
full
time to take care of them. I’m not sure I want to tie myself down yet; maybe I

should wait until I am ready to slow down before starting this project.
We are also looking for property on the beach either here on Luzon or on Palawan

where we can build a nice bamboo house and spend our days being “Beach
Bums�, an
honorable profession. We have been down to Palawan and looked around, it sure is

nice down there and something to think about. Nonet has family down there, nice
people. We are going to try to make a few trips up to the north area of Luzon
and
see if we can find something we like up there. If we stayed on this island then
we
would have the international airport, shopping in Manila and where Nonet’s
friends
from the bank are.
I have thought about backing a few small businesses but don’t think I want to
get
involved in the taxes and politics that go with it. I have given a lot of
thought to
Cyber-Cafes, seems like this would be a nice thing to get into just for
something to
do BUT, it would have to be a very good deal for me to mess with it because I
just
don’t need it.
I still feel bad three days a week when I should be lifting and the other three
days
when I should be riding my bike. I feel great the other day because all we have
do is go to chURch. Each day I tell myself that I am going to workout but for
some
reason I just don’t get “aroundtoit�. I guess I should feel good that I
still
have it as a “roundtoit� and so help me I am going to do it starting next
Monday, I think well maybe if I remember!!!

OK my friends, I hope this brings you up to date on the life and times of the
happy
retirees. I’ll try to find time to send out a few pictures and do another nice

newsy newsletter next month.
Thanks for being our friends and feel free to visit anytime, we have a
spare
bedroom with air-conditioning. The plane arrives every morning about 10, another

thing we like to do is watch the plane come in and see who’s on it.

Take Care,

Burr & Nonet

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 30th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That is an old computer browser Burr used to type that message.Probally
IE4 operating system,more or less the same that webtv uses.It's ancient.
I am glad Burr is doing OK.
cuhulin

Old July 31st 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Yeah,Burr is cool.By the way,Michigan,I heard Paul Gallo talking to Greg
Parulski (spelling) this morning on Paul's radio talk show.Greg works
for Ford in Dearborn and he is at Watson Quality Ford
www.watsonford.com today showing off a new 300 horsepower orange
convertible Ford car.Basically,Greg is going around the Country and
talking about the new 2007 Ford cars and this evening he heads on over
to Shreveport,Cajunland.(Louisiana)
cuhulin

Old July 31st 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sorry for the way this looks, but that's the way it came)

::snipped::

Thanks for the info, Ace. Good to hear he's up and
running, so to speak.

--Mike L.

Old July 31st 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Lawson wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sorry for the way this looks, but that's the way it came)

::snipped::

Thanks for the info, Ace. Good to hear he's up and
running, so to speak.

I hope the Cuzz is doing alright. Not a peep about radio listening though!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 31st 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I hope that Greg guy from Dearborn has done pushed that button on that
Ford Mustang convertible car and put the top up because right now it is
raining on top of Watson Quality Ford (raining on top of my house and
yard too) dealership on the I-55 Frontage Road in North Jackson.The rain
is here from Alabama.Thank you,Alabama.Shreveport might get some rain
too. www.hometownfreepress.com ALABAMA
cuhulin

Old August 1st 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Michael Lawson wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sorry for the way this looks, but that's the way it came)

::snipped::

Thanks for the info, Ace. Good to hear he's up and
running, so to speak.

I hope the Cuzz is doing alright. Not a peep about radio listening though!

Australia and NZ should be a snap for him. I expect that he should
finally get AFN in the Philippines from Hawaii and Guam.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California