Old August 10th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is there a high end SW radio from China coming ????

Hiya...

Been a while since I posted here. I remember some months back there was a
thread here regarding the wish list for a new high end receiver that was
being planned. I think the thread was actually started by a Chinese
electronic engineer that was working on the project. At any rate, I forgot
what the story was. Is there a high end receiver on the way from China ???
If so, is it a portable or may be even a table top ???

Thanx in advance !!!

Michael

New Jersey
R75
Many portables
Several demented self constructed antennas
Two vintage tube radiois.
One cat.

Old August 11th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hiya Mike

- Check this one out;

Shirt pocket sized Kaito KA11

http://www.radiointel.com/Radpic/kaito/ka11.jpg

- Not real high end; but double reduction,

1,000 memories and

real real portable

Old August 11th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I suspect that China has certain kinds of radios manufactured in China
for certain purposes that are of resonably good quality.
cuhulin

Old August 11th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Douche Bag wrote:
The Chinese make junk radios. The Japanese radios are the best. No such
thing as a Chinese high end radio now, or ever.
Michael wrote:
Hiya...

From somebody with a nickname of Douche Bag I wouldn't expect an

intelligent answer anyway......

Check out this one http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6038
Build 30 years ago in China and kicks a$$ of latest Palstar R30CC (yes,
including the famed Collins filters). Have both receivers and use them
side-by-side. Wouldn't be surprized that today's Chinese radios are
not far behind Western receivers. Chinese electronics industry is very
well advanced (check out where your computer or laptop was build,
including the chips that go inside). Just this week, Chinese
researchers presented the most advanced "humanoid" robot capable of
understanding 1000 different voice commands (yes, in Chinese).

Old August 11th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Awwww, I buy most of my radios at thrift stores and junk shops and
fleamarkets.I am too lazy to get up (been a long time since I ''got
up'') and follow them yard sales around.
cuhulin

Old August 11th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

From anybody with a,,,,,,,
Nawwwwww,,,, I wont say that one either.
But,I dont like to pick on anybodys name.Although I have done so before
and for that,I Apologize.
cuhulin

Old August 11th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

katekebo wrote:
Douche Bag wrote:
The Chinese make junk radios. The Japanese radios are the best. No such
thing as a Chinese high end radio now, or ever.
Michael wrote:
Hiya...

From somebody with a nickname of Douche Bag I wouldn't expect an

intelligent answer anyway......

Check out this one http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6038
Build 30 years ago in China and kicks a$$ of latest Palstar R30CC (yes,
including the famed Collins filters). Have both receivers and use them
side-by-side. Wouldn't be surprized that today's Chinese radios are
not far behind Western receivers. Chinese electronics industry is very
well advanced (check out where your computer or laptop was build,
including the chips that go inside). Just this week, Chinese
researchers presented the most advanced "humanoid" robot capable of
understanding 1000 different voice commands (yes, in Chinese).

I can imagine that the Chinese would not scrimp at all when it comes to
building military equipment. There's no reason to think they'd give
their troops in the field the same crappy receivers they sell to
consumers in the West.

Old August 11th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I think the one you're referring to is the Degen 1108. They had a
similar one, I think it was the Degen 1106. They had it on radiointel.
It had the modular MP3 player that goes into a 'slot'.

Details are still sketch on the 1108. I'm not sure if it'll even ever
come out, but Degend seems to be the major player in radio development.
With the exception of some of those DRM radios that are coming out..