Old August 22nd 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default WANTED: Sony CRF-1 - will pay top $$$

I will pay top dollars to anyone who has one or a commission for any
referrals to someone who leads me to one. Looking for one in excellent

condition. I have most top Sony SW radios, and this one is missing in
my collection.

Thanks again

Ivan
Santa Monica, CA

Old August 23rd 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

that was a really useful answer, I bet he never even heard of eBay.

maybe you can explain how it works while you are at it.

it should be obvious that he is looking for OTHER sources and thought maybe
someone here has a lead for him........

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
I will pay top dollars to anyone who has one or a commission for any
referrals to someone who leads me to one. Looking for one in excellent

condition. I have most top Sony SW radios, and this one is missing in
my collection.

Thanks again

Ivan
Santa Monica, CA

Your best bet is Ebay. As with other not widely produced Sony radios
they show up on Ebay, but the prices reflect radio collector rather
than radio user interest.

Old August 23rd 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I'm never really sure about how to respond to those requests,
especially the unusual ones that offer a finders fee. I've only seen a
couple of CRF1 radios on Ebay. My impression is that it is slightly
less interesting than the 2010. The impressive looking CRF320 would be
a lot more fun to spin the dial on.

mike maghakian wrote:
that was a really useful answer, I bet he never even heard of eBay.

maybe you can explain how it works while you are at it.

it should be obvious that he is looking for OTHER sources and thought maybe
someone here has a lead for him........

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Old August 24th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks for your reply. I actually have the CRF 320, CRF 220, CRF-V21,
the ICF-6800WA, 2010, SW77, SW55, etc... that CRF-1 is the one missing
from the lot.

Ivan

mike maghakian wrote:
that was a really useful answer, I bet he never even heard of eBay.

maybe you can explain how it works while you are at it.

it should be obvious that he is looking for OTHER sources and thought maybe
someone here has a lead for him........

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Old August 24th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John S. wrote:
I'm never really sure about how to respond to those requests,
especially the unusual ones that offer a finders fee. I've only seen a
couple of CRF1 radios on Ebay. My impression is that it is slightly
less interesting than the 2010. The impressive looking CRF320 would be
a lot more fun to spin the dial on.

The CRF320 is indeed an impressive looking receiver. Is its performance
equally impressive? I've never used one and am not enough of a
'collector' to shell out the kinds of prices they command these days.

Old August 24th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
John S. wrote:
I'm never really sure about how to respond to those requests,
especially the unusual ones that offer a finders fee. I've only seen a
couple of CRF1 radios on Ebay. My impression is that it is slightly
less interesting than the 2010. The impressive looking CRF320 would be
a lot more fun to spin the dial on.

The CRF320 is indeed an impressive looking receiver. Is its performance
equally impressive? I've never used one and am not enough of a
'collector' to shell out the kinds of prices they command these days.

Boesch gives it pretty good comments on his website. My guess is that
it will perform pretty darned well for a 30 year old large luggable
with electronics to match. It probably will not outperform many newer
tabletop sets and as we all know it will be decidedly slower to tune
around on. Still it is an attractive looking radio that I'm sure
sounds very good and would be a blast to use.

But I enjoy tuning around on oldies like Panasonic RF5000, Kenwood R300
and old Lafayette kit radios. I'm not ready to pay ther collector
prices such a radio commands because I'm not a collector. I want to
use my radios.

Old September 1st 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I actuallly managed to buy a CRF-1 last week. Compared to all my other
receivers, I really love its size, great sound and amazing battery
life. It's really is the perfect size and performance is on par with
the 2010, great sensitivity, rock stable, etc... worth the wait.

Ivan