Old September 15th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AC adapter for Sony ICF7600GR?

Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

Old September 15th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:

Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

I have two of them and never use them any longer, since NiMH batteries got so
good. Just a suggestion, that you're better off with batteries. Buy extra.

--
Ron Hardin

Old September 15th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

I have two of them and never use them any longer, since NiMH batteries got
so
good. Just a suggestion, that you're better off with batteries. Buy
extra.

--
Ron Hardin

I have extra batteries, but would rather save them (for a while at least.)
Would you consider selling me one (or both) of your AC adapters?

Just wondering...

Dave

Old September 15th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:
Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

I don't recall the socket being special, just one of the 3 flavors of
coaxial. If it's a big deal, I can go dig mine up. [I just use
rechargable batteries.]

Old September 15th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dave wrote:
Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

I don't recall the socket being special, just one of the 3 flavors of
coaxial. If it's a big deal, I can go dig mine up. [I just use
rechargable batteries.]

What would you ask for your adapter? I'm looking for something I can leave
plugged in, and save the batteries for whenever I take the portable out
somewhere...

Thanks,

Dave

Old September 15th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2023.html
$19.95
"The optional AC adapter for the Sony ICF-SW7600GR was the Sony
AC-E60HG. However, Sony discontinued this AC adapter. The newer
replacement Sony AC adapter, called the AC E60A emits interference
(RFI) making it unsuitable for use with world band radios. Sony does
not currently offer a satisfactory AC adapter for the Sony
ICF-SW7600GR.

"Universal has found a source for a suitable power supply. The MW
41-680 provides the correct the voltage and current. We have added a
voltage regulator to it and applied the appropriate plug. It works very
well the the ICF-SW7600GR. This adapter is not made by Sony. "

Old September 15th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You need more than that -- you need one which is regulated and
filtered. When I bought a RS regulated and filtered adapter a few
years ago, there still was buzz on MW (even though there wasn't on
shortwave).

Again, Universal has a compatible adaptor.

Bob Miller wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:18:19 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

Go to your neighborhood Radio Shack.

Be sure you know the voltage and amperes you need. Once the AC adaptor
is selected, the salesperson can choose from a large number of plug
sizes to fit your socket, and give you the appropos plug. (Take your
radio, so they can try the plug in the actual socket.)

Bob
k5qwg

Old September 15th 06, 09:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:
I have extra batteries, but would rather save them (for a while at least.)

You don't have to save rechargeables. Just charge them.

They discharge themselves if you don't use them.

--
Ron Hardin

Old September 15th 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:18:19 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

Go to your neighborhood Radio Shack.

Be sure you know the voltage and amperes you need. Once the AC adaptor
is selected, the salesperson can choose from a large number of plug
sizes to fit your socket, and give you the appropos plug. (Take your
radio, so they can try the plug in the actual socket.)

Bob
k5qwg

Tried that, just to save time. They don't have a plug which fits the
7600GR, although they come close. That's when I decided to look for the
real thing...

Dave

Old September 15th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get one? It has a special-sized socket that I am
having trouble matching, so I imagine Sony builds an adapter especially
designed for the radio. Amazon doesn't have it, so I'm not sure where to
look...

Any help is appreciated.

TNX

Dave

I find that those cheap ones that have all sorts of differnt size adapters
work fine, and only cost a few bucks
Van