Old September 16th 06, 12:21 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Default Chinese orchestra broadcasts on 15 Sep 2006

Earlier in the day, I scanned from 13 mhz to 20 mhz with my Eton E5 and DE31 antenna. This was between 1900-2000 UTC. I found Chinese orchestra broadcasts on these frequencies, all with the same signal:

13625 khz (SIO 353, strong fading)
13970 khz (SIO 555)
14600 khz (SIO 454)
15510 khz (SIO 343)
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old September 16th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Earlier in the day, I scanned from 13 mhz to 20 mhz with my Eton E5 and
DE31 antenna. This was between 1900-2000 UTC. I found Chinese
orchestra broadcasts on these frequencies, all with the same signal:

13625 khz (SIO 353, strong fading)
13970 khz (SIO 555)
14600 khz (SIO 454)
15510 khz (SIO 343)

Keep going and you will find the same programming on the other bands. I
get their jamming (that's what it is by the way) on multiple frequencies
on most bands.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 16th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Earlier in the day, I scanned from 13 mhz to 20 mhz with my Eton E5 and
DE31 antenna. This was between 1900-2000 UTC. I found Chinese
orchestra broadcasts on these frequencies, all with the same signal:

13625 khz (SIO 353, strong fading)
13970 khz (SIO 555)
14600 khz (SIO 454)
15510 khz (SIO 343)

Keep going and you will find the same programming on the other bands. I
get their jamming (that's what it is by the way) on multiple frequencies
on most bands.

Otherwise known as the "FireDrake".

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 16th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Nuclear Threats: muslims Ordered To Leave The United States,Next Attack
Imminent. www.homelandsecurityus.com
cuhulin
.................................................. .......
Who's unhappy? we are unhappy,,,,, knock on wooddd,,,, tap tap tap ~
Casablanca
.................................................. .......

Old September 17th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Earlier in the day, I scanned from 13 mhz to 20 mhz with my Eton E5 and
DE31 antenna. This was between 1900-2000 UTC. I found Chinese
orchestra broadcasts on these frequencies, all with the same signal:

13625 khz (SIO 353, strong fading)
13970 khz (SIO 555)
14600 khz (SIO 454)
15510 khz (SIO 343)

Keep going and you will find the same programming on the other bands. I
get their jamming (that's what it is by the way) on multiple frequencies
on most bands.

Otherwise known as the "FireDrake".

I and many other people heard this chinese opera music many months ago.
Apparently the ham operators only started being bothered by it since
this past August.

Why give them such a dramatic name like Firedrake? Chinese music jammer
is more descriptive.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old September 17th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

Earlier in the day, I scanned from 13 mhz to 20 mhz with my Eton E5 and
DE31 antenna. This was between 1900-2000 UTC. I found Chinese
orchestra broadcasts on these frequencies, all with the same signal:

13625 khz (SIO 353, strong fading)
13970 khz (SIO 555)
14600 khz (SIO 454)
15510 khz (SIO 343)

Keep going and you will find the same programming on the other bands. I
get their jamming (that's what it is by the way) on multiple frequencies
on most bands.

Otherwise known as the "FireDrake".

I and many other people heard this chinese opera music many months ago.

The FireDrake type of jamming has been on the bands for a number of years now and
has been named 'FireDrake' for about as long. Typically it's Chinese music, heavy
on the crash bang percussion.

Apparently the ham operators only started being bothered by it since
this past August.

Well, they do tend to be bothered by it when SoH (and anybody else) starts
broadcasting in a ham band and then the Chinese start jamming there as well.

Why give them such a dramatic name like Firedrake? Chinese music jammer
is more descriptive.

I'm not sure exactly who bestowed that name upon them. But in its own way it's
merely a shorter descriptive term for that type of jamming.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 17th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Sometimes when JT and Dave (on their radio talk show 97.3 FM on
Supertalk Mississippi www.supertalkms.com) are talking about
something that pertains to China,they will hit a key on their keyboards
and you will hear,,,, I likeeeee Chineseeeeee,,,,,,,,,,

Well Sir,,, Well Mam,,,, I sort of kinda know ''sompin'' about Chinese
wimmins,if y'all ''know what I mean''?
Wham Bam,Thank You Mam.There is a Chinese section of Saigon,it's called
Cholon and I did my five days R&R in Hong Kong.
IIIIIII likeeeeee Chineseeeeee,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old September 17th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Sometimes when JT and Dave (on their radio talk show 97.3 FM on
Supertalk Mississippi
www.supertalkms.com) are talking about
something that pertains to China,they will hit a key on their keyboards
and you will hear,,,, I likeeeee Chineseeeeee,,,,,,,,,,

Well Sir,,, Well Mam,,,, I sort of kinda know ''sompin'' about Chinese
wimmins,if y'all ''know what I mean''?
Wham Bam,Thank You Mam.There is a Chinese section of Saigon,it's called
Cholon and I did my five days R&R in Hong Kong.
IIIIIII likeeeeee Chineseeeeee,,,,,,,

Yeah, that's a Monty Python tune. The lyrics can be found he

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/monty-pyt...e-chinese.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 17th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I used to get er hem regular every day ''Chinese'' in my webtv inbox.I
need to see if I can sing up for ''them'' again. Maybe after The Enemy
Below movie is over on DiRECTUMTV.
cuhulin

Old September 17th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

As far as the sex (whatever that is?) thingy with them Vietnamese and
Chinese gals,it wasen't like I was crazy about it.M II will be along
soon to say I raped that Vietnamese woman in Vinh Long.No such thing!
She gave ''it'' to me for free.
cuhulin

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #760 Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) Dx 0 May 27th 06 02:44 PM
chinese orchestra weatherall Shortwave 1 May 21st 06 05:48 PM
Nominations Sought For 2006 Dayton Hamvention® Awards policy-ham Dx 0 December 31st 05 07:34 PM
Nominations Sought For 2006 Dayton Hamvention® Awards policy-ham General 0 December 31st 05 07:34 PM
Rare 50's and 60's Radio Broadcasts for sale Rockitradio Broadcasting 0 March 28th 04 06:38 AM