Old September 27th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default This is rec.radio.shortwave

- Tested any new radios lately?

Heard signals from far away places?

Thinking about cutting a new antenna?

Hearing a Pirate broadcast?

Doing any DX'ing ??

- If not, and you just want to rant ,

Try the link below..

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics?hl=en

Old September 27th 06, 05:17 PM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by
- Tested any new radios lately?

Heard signals from far away places?

Thinking about cutting a new antenna?

Hearing a Pirate broadcast?

Doing any DX'ing ??
Yep! See my weblog where I just posted some reception reports:

http://tinyurl.com/da2es

Someone that lives near me was picking up Deutsche Welle's english to asia broadcast, which I can hear as well. Unfortunately it's not at a very convenient time of day for me. There's also a log of the "Christian Media Network" on WBCQ, a music-only broadcast on Radio Thailand, and some drivel from North Korea.

I'm looking forward to the release of the Kaito 1108 and the Redsun RP3000.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old September 28th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

weatherall wrote:
Wrote:
- Tested any new radios lately?

Heard signals from far away places?

Thinking about cutting a new antenna?

Hearing a Pirate broadcast?

Doing any DX'ing ??

Yep! See my weblog where I just posted some reception reports:

http://tinyurl.com/da2es

Someone that lives near me was picking up Deutsche Welle's english to
asia broadcast, which I can hear as well. Unfortunately it's not at a
very convenient time of day for me. There's also a log of the
"Christian Media Network" on WBCQ, a music-only broadcast on Radio
Thailand, and some drivel from North Korea.

I'm looking forward to the release of the Kaito 1108 and the Redsun
RP3000.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that new Redsun too. If it equals the
performance of its predecessor, there will be a lot of guys lined up.

Not a whole lot of dxing these days. But I did tune in an old favorite
I hadn't caught for quite a while: Heard Radio Australia on 9580 while
getting ready for work.

Old September 30th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article . com,
wrote:
Heard signals from far away places?

A signal report for some Insomnia radio. I've been picking up the BBC on
5020 kHz early in the morning here (Seattle). 5 AM/12:00 UTC. But it
wasn't showing up in any BBC frequency lists for the Pacific or Africa.
Then last night/early this morning, I tuned in and found that it was the
Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corp. They must switch over and relay the
Beeb after it gets too late in the evening there. Listenable if you go
for the lower sideband as the Cuban (R. Rebelde?) next door (5025 kHz)
is about the same strength. (S2 with thunderstorms).

Mark Zenier

Old September 30th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:
Heard signals from far away places?

A signal report for some Insomnia radio. I've been picking up the BBC on
5020 kHz early in the morning here (Seattle). 5 AM/12:00 UTC. But it
wasn't showing up in any BBC frequency lists for the Pacific or Africa.
Then last night/early this morning, I tuned in and found that it was the
Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corp. They must switch over and relay the
Beeb after it gets too late in the evening there. Listenable if you go
for the lower sideband as the Cuban (R. Rebelde?) next door (5025 kHz)
is about the same strength. (S2 with thunderstorms).

I think they've been relaying BBC during their overnight time for a good number
of years. You might also try zero beating the freq., as generally reported they
are on 5019.9 or so.

dxAce
Michigan
USA