Old September 30th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default incredible boom box, incredible auction !

Old September 30th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mike maghakian wrote:

What's even more incredible is that there are still eight days left in
the auction. At this rate, it may well pass a thousand dollars.

mike
Old October 1st 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

although for the past 25 years I have tried to know about every shortwave
radio made in the time period, I have never seen this model before,

It certainly looks most imposing ! I wonder what the sound and performance
is like ???

I got outbid at about $100 plus !

Old October 1st 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Let me go see that radio in my bathroom,,,,,,,, Magnavox D8040
Freetimer 2 Band Spatial Stereo Recorder.AM FM Cassette,it looks and
works as good as new.I bought it at the Goodwill store about ten months
ago.I own some other AM FM Stereo Cassette radios a lot bigger than that
one too,Pioneer and Sony.The cassette player in the Pioneer radio quit
working.I dont use casettes that much anyway.They might not be as big as
the one in that ebay listing,but they are big lonnng radios.
cuhulin