Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 24th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default So You Want To Buy A - Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Shortwave Loop Antenna

On Nov 8, 7:49 am, "snoopy" wrote:
"jamman" wrote

Is there any difference between using a power cord and using batteries?The proper power supply for Sony radios are expensive - $100. (I have one)

In my experience using both batteries and the Sony power supply, the power
supply is excellent.

In trying to boost reception on my first radio, I relied on a longwire
antenna. Can this be used to boost the AM reception on the 7600gr too?No.

- For shortwave consider the Sony AN-LP1 antenna.
- Highly recommended but currently hard to find.

Snoopy & Jamman,

These are 8 of the Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Antennas
currently available via eBay offered by a Seller in Japan.

Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Antenna - eBay Listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ160052529512
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-AN-LP1-Port...mZ160052529512

eBay Seller - SmartImports
http://myworld.ebay.com/smartimports/
eBay Member since : Jan-31-00
Seller's Location : Japan

NOTE - They have a Buy-It-Now Price of US$89
plus US$15 for S&H from Japan to the USA.

INFO - Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Antenna
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ff02435e395f22

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...fbd42e96abbbb8

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...705b787de4ee41

READ - Using the Sony AN-LP1 Active Shortwave Loop Antenna
with the Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...71f5107eef0b02

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...71f5107eef0b02

TIP - Using an External LongWire {Random Wire} Antenna
with the Sony ICF-SW7600GR AM/FM Shortwave Radio

READ - "Three Ways to Use the 'Portable Wire Antenna' (PWA)"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...na/message/306
Works well with the Sony ICF-2010 and will work well with the
Sony ICF-SW7600GR too; and many other 'portable' SW Radios
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1728
How-To-Use the "Portable Wire Antenna" (PWA) with many
'portable' AM/FM Shorwave Radios
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/3046

READ - Sony ICF-SW7600GR a few External Antenna Options
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/1088

READ - Sony ICF-SW7600GR Radio and Sony AN-LP1 {SW}
and Select-A-Tenna {AM/MW} Antennas
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/5870

hope this helps - it's christmas time - shop early ~ RHF
and be sure to buy a shortwave radio of antenna for yourself )
..
Shortwave Listener Antennas = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
SWL Antenna Group = http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf