Old December 18th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The new, Sangean DT200VX- what do you think?

Hi. The new Sangean DT200VX is the replacement for the famous, DT200V.
C Crane claims "better AM reception." Although I have the old model,
I have ordered a new one because of the even better Am reception.
Also, the new one has a backlight, and is supposed to have better
sound. Any opinions? What do you think?

Old December 18th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dead of night wrote:
Hi. The new Sangean DT200VX is the replacement for the famous, DT200V.
C Crane claims "better AM reception." Although I have the old model,
I have ordered a new one because of the even better Am reception.
Also, the new one has a backlight, and is supposed to have better
sound. Any opinions? What do you think?

I just received the Sony ICF-S10MK2 pocket-radio and it is on-par with
my more expensive digital PLL radios - if you are interested, here is a
review of it on RadioIntel.com:

http://www.radiointel.com/review-sonys10mk2.htm

It was only $10, including shipping, from J$R Music (also, on
SonyStyle.com). Here is the review, I wrote on Amazon, under
"analogAMforever":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...&s=electronics

Awesome radio for $10 !

Old December 19th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dead of night wrote:
Hi. The new Sangean DT200VX is the replacement for the famous, DT200V.
C Crane claims "better AM reception." Although I have the old model,
I have ordered a new one because of the even better Am reception.
Also, the new one has a backlight, and is supposed to have better
sound. Any opinions? What do you think?

- almost bought it, then got this one . .

Sangean Dt120..

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...alty/1048.html

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...ty/1048lrg.jpg

One Battery, all kinds of good sounds, 15 presets;

can pick up WWVA / 1170 right here in NYC..

Man can't have too many radios . . .

Old December 19th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Its about as ugly as one of those see through telephones.I don't own one
and I don't ever want one either.
cuhulin

Old December 19th 06, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Its about as ugly as one of those see through telephones.I don't own one
and I don't ever want one either.
cuhulin

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Sangean claims the new model,
DT200VX, has better AM reception. If true, what might have been done
to the model to improve the AM reception?

Sangean 404 S Walters Shortwave 12 May 15th 06 02:23 PM
Sangean ATS-909 vs. Sony ICF-7600GR ngu Shortwave 19 January 30th 06 11:31 AM
Sangean ATS-505 Receiver - Improving your Shortwave Radio Reception with an External Shortwave Listener's (SWL) Antenna RHF Shortwave 0 January 16th 06 09:12 PM
KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230 Juan Gonzalez Shortwave 7 September 17th 04 04:18 AM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM