Old December 30th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kaito KA2100 coming to U.S. (Redsun RP2100)

Kaito are now offering the Redsun RP 2100 as the Kaito KA2100
see
http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm
Selling for $130

I have the RP2100 since August and highly recommend this radio for super
sound and very sensitive to weak signals on FM and MW
Great performer on SW as well. Solid, robust and well built

(Heads up thanks to Eric Weatherall, CA and DXinfo website)

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old January 1st 07, 08:51 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by judithdagostino
I'm waiting for the RP3000 but wonder how long before it's going to be
out. It will supposedly have SSB capability.
Indeed. Here's a Redsun RP3000 image that I found through images.google.com. The link from radiointel.com wasn't working for some reason.

Note the "SSB fine" knob, and the "USB/LSB" button:
http://www.fenu-radio.ch/Redsun%20RP3000.jpg
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old January 1st 07, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

FO&A,

No so great Ad Copy on the website :
"A professional Dual Conversion Radio that you can expect !"
http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm

'expect' most likeky should have been "Respect" ~ RHF

IMHO - The Redsun RP2100 is a very nice 'portable' AM/FM
Shortwave Radio featuring Dual Conversion PLL Circuitry that
does provide very Respectable performance for a radio in it's
price range around $105 on eBay directly from China (PRC).

KAITO KA2100 - Value-and-Service - With a US Price of
about $130 the re-badged Kaito KA2100 with English Radio
Control Markings would be a competitive priced radio for
those US Consumers who would want a US Manufactures
(Distributors) Warranty and if needed a local USoA Product
Return Address.
KAITO KA2100 = http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm

ABOUT - Kaito USA
http://www.kaitousa.com/aboutus.htm
Kaito Electronics, Inc. (USA) was Established in 1997
as a Subsidiary of CEIEC ShenZhen.
CEIEC - ShenZhen = http://www.ceiecsz.com.cn/en/index.htm
China {National} Electronics Import and Export Company [CEIEC]

WANT-TO-KNOW-MORE-ABOUT - The Redsun RP2100 / RP2000
[Kaito KA2100] 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio ? ? ?

Then check-out the Redsun RP2100 Radio Owner's Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redsun...-rp2000-radio/
- For Help with your Redsun RP2100 Radio
- For Information about the Redsun RP2100 Radio
- For News about the Redsun RP2100 Radio
- To Ask Questions concerning the Redsun RP2100 Radio
- To Get Answers about the Redsun RP2100 Radio
- and a lot more . . .
+ Plus We Can Talk "Kaito" Too ! ) ~ RHF

Redsun in the Morning
- - - Radio Listeners take Weather Report Warning
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redsun...-rp2000-radio/
Redsun at Night
- - - Radio Listeners Delight in DXing through the Night
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/redsun...-rp2000-radio/
~ RHF {ibid}

Old January 1st 07, 10:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Redsun RP3000 Radio -Seeing-Is-Believing- It Has AM-SYNC !

Thank You "WeatherAll",

For this 'revealing' Image of the Redsun RP3000 Radio

REDSUNRP3000 = http://www.fenu-radio.ch/Redsun%20RP3000.jpg

Yes - There is a SSB Fine {Tuning} Knob
- - - But - To the Right of the Knob

Yes - There is a USB/LSB Button
- - - And - Above the Button

=IS= Aaaaaaaaaa Can You See It ? ? ?
- - - Yes Sireee Can You Believe It ? ? ?

The "SYNC" Button as in AM Synchronous Detector
http://www.fenu-radio.ch/Redsun%20RP3000.jpg

+PLUS+ A detailed look at the LCD Screen shows a
[SYNC] Icon to the Right of the Frequency Number.
http://www.fenu-radio.ch/Redsun%20RP3000.jpg

YES - IT LOOKS LIKE AM SYNCHRONOUS DETECTION
[ AM SYNC ] IS PART OF THE REDSUN RP3000 RADIO .
http://www.fenu-radio.ch/Redsun%20RP3000.jpg

One Question - At What Price ? ? ?
Under US $200 ? ? ?
-Or- Somewhere-in-Between ? ? ?
Over US $300 ? ? ?

Will the Redsun RP3000 Radio be "The Radio" that
puts-to-rest the Legend of the Sony ICF-2010 Radio ?
http://www.fenu-radio.ch/Redsun%20RP3000.jpg

The Redsun RP3000 Radio -Seeing-Is-Believing- It Has AM-SYNC !

only time will tell -and- it's now the year 2007 ~ RHF

Old January 2nd 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

DC - Nice to see you posting here.

Let-Us-Do-The-Math :

1 - Redsun RP2100 Radio via eBay from China (PRC)
eBay Buy-It-Now Price $56.90
Plus China Mail Cost of $48.00
Equals a Total Price of $104.90

This is about $105 to get the Redsun RP2100 Radio
to your Door and all you have is a Mainland China
{Redsun} Warrenty that will cost you $48 to start
with to Mail it back to China. {Let the Fun Begin}

So... A Price of $130 in the USA for a Kaito KA2100
with a USA Warranty with return Mail within the USA
IMHO - Ain't Such A Bad Deal ! ~ RHF

May I State - In The Interest Of Full Disclosure :
I bought my Redsun RP2100 Radio via eBay
from China -and- I like it very much and feel
that it is a very good 'portable' AM & FM plus
Shortwave Radio with many quality features.

If you like the GE Superadio and the Grundig S350 Radios :
Then get the Redsun RP2100 Radio -and- get the best of both.

NOTES :
1 - I like it very much = Love It !
2 - Feel = Feelings* Are Facts.
* Because as Radio Enthusiasts :
"We" each have a Relationship with "Our" Radios.
Old January 2nd 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
"We" each have a Relationship with "Our" Radios.

I wondered what was wrong with some of these guys here, thanks! That
explains it.

Sexual relationships with radios, geesh! Who'd have thought ...

Regards,
JS
Old January 2nd 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Smith I wrote:
RHF wrote:
"We" each have a Relationship with "Our" Radios.

I wondered what was wrong with some of these guys here, thanks! That
explains it.

Sexual relationships with radios, geesh! Who'd have thought ...

Regards,
JS

I don't recall RHF saying anything about sex. He said relationship.
Not sexual relationship. Since we are on the subject tho I will have
to tell you that I have a silver DE1103 and then I bought the Black
KA1103. After having the black radio I will never go back to the
silver.

NEO