Old March 11th 07, 10:58 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Radio controlled clocks and the new DST (mine didn't work)

Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.
Old March 11th 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

"Radio Guy" wrote in message
Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.

This year my clocks set ok but did not do so until about 10am. Last year it
took a week before my clocks got a strong enough signal to reset.

Dee, N8UZE

Old March 11th 07, 11:17 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Radio Guy wrote:

Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.

I have 13 RC clocks and 4 of them didn't catch the DST bit, but the
rest did.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 12th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Radio Guy wrote:
Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.

had 2 that reset....wris****ch did not until i forced it to
reset....other clock still hasn't reset.

here in dallas

Old March 12th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:58:56 -0400, Radio Guy wrote:

Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.

My LaCross wris****ch reset correctly. My Compaq Presario desktop with
XP did not reset. My newer Toshiba laptop with XP did reset. I'm still
waiting for my Zenith vcr/dvd recorder to try and catch a signal.

Bob
k5qwg

Old March 12th 07, 09:06 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Joe Analssandrini wrote: However,
tonight, at approximately 8:30 PM EDT, two of my analog models went a
bit "haywire" and reset themselves to Standard Time. We shall see if
they correct themselves later tonight. This has happened on several
occasions previously and I do not understand why.

La Crosse clocks have a firmware bug. When the daylight bit comes
on at UTC 00:00, the clocks are not allowed to reset until local 02:00,
some 7 or more hours later. So they remember it in a bit.

They do this fine (if you have several of the same model, watch them
do it in absolute lockstep).

There's a slight problem at 00:00 UTC the next night (8 PM EDST!)
when they find the daylight bit set but ``it's not 2am yet and there
hasn't been a full day of daylight time yet'' and it says, oops, it ought
to be standard time still, and they all reset back to standard time.

I've never been up to see what time they reset back to correct time
(midnight or 2am, UTC or standard or daylight time, 6 possibilities).

La Crosse, when consulted about this, claimed that the WWVB signal overloads
the clocks when they change times, translation we'd rather not replace
a million clocks on warrantee. But I find it endearing, happening to like
hardware screwups that you can figure out.

It will do the same thing in the fall, by the way. You get 6 time changes
a year with this chipset.

--
Ron Hardin

Old March 12th 07, 09:39 AM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 11, 3:58 pm, Radio Guy wrote:
Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.

Five out of Six did OK.

Numb3r Six is on a Desk between a Computer and Printer
below a LCD Monitor and did not reset to DST only has
One Bar. Just put it next to a Window and got Three Bars.
Hit the "TS Seak" Button and will check it in the Morning.

dst waits for no one - and that is why . . .
many of us will be late this monday ~ RHF
Old March 12th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:05:22 -0400, Dee Flint wrote: Begin

This year my clocks set ok but did not do so until about 10am. Last year

it
took a week before my clocks got a strong enough signal to reset.

My clock reset at the proper time just fine. But at local 7 PM Sunday
evening the clock rolled around back to 6 PM.
This Monday morning it was back to the correct DST.

Funny, it did the same rollforward, rollback, rollforward last year.

Old March 12th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.hf,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On Mar 11, 6:58 pm, Radio Guy wrote:
Did the 60 khz Ft. Collins time signal transmitter send out the
correct time signals this morning?

I've got 3 different radio-controlled clocks (atomix I think) and none
of them had the right time this morning.

My Radio Shack Atomic Clock reset itself properly.