Old March 20th 07, 11:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What KSL listeners had to say about HD Radio !

"HFguy" wrote in message
Fair enough but I guess you must see something to be gained by continuing
to respond to the various abuses you get here. Is it really worth it?

It is fun to see what the "other side" thinks, and it is very useful
professionally in understanding both how to deal with contrary opinion and
it's valuable to understand that things that seem quite clear inside an
industry are not always viewed the same way outside.

Old March 20th 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

If you care to check, Radio Musical, Cia. Ltda, a limited
responsibility
corporation, was established in June of 1964 and I was the sole
shareholder
and the "agent" was Dr. Isaac Cevallos, my attorney. I am sure that
the
commercial section of the US Embassy / Quito can find this for you.

Edweenie, you're full of ****!

In other words, you are not going to check. You could, and you would find
out the entire company was in my name.

Seems as though you have stated in the past that it *was not* in your
name..
Which would explain why you were merely the *General Manager*.

I did not say that; I said the license was not in my name... the company
that owned the license was. In fact, only a few hundred US radio stations
out of 14 thousand are in the name of an individual licensee... all the rest
are companies of some kind.

How else would the general manager of a radio station do a business card?
Many general managers are also owners of the licensee corporation, but they
don't put that on their card.

Keep dancing, little boy, keep dancing!

You're hilarious.

Old March 20th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Edweenie, with an ego as big as yours, if you were the owner you'd certainly
have put that on your business card and you'd certainly have signed the QSL's
that way as well. Same thing with the 'Eduardo' shtik, if it were true, that's
the way you would have signed things, especially being in Latin America.

However, as you and I both know, you were not an owner, nor are you 'Eduardo'.

Now go get your panties out of those knots.

Old March 20th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 17, 6:36 pm, "AM-HDisDead"
wrote:
What KSL listeners had to say about HD Radio !

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...&comments=true

My hope is that people will grow sufficiently tired of all of these
off topic posts that they'll develop renewed interest in having RRS
moderated.

Old March 20th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

How else would the general manager of a radio station do a business card?
Many general managers are also owners of the licensee corporation, but
they
don't put that on their card.

Edweenie, with an ego as big as yours, if you were the owner you'd
certainly
have put that on your business card and you'd certainly have signed the
QSL's
that way as well.

Sorry, that is not the way it was done. Look at anyone's veries or QSL's (MW
or SW) from the 60's from Ecuador and you will find that people like Gonzalo
Maldonado (Atahualpa), Gerardo Brborich (RNE), Gustavo Herdoiza (Tarqui),
Armando Rormero (Cristal), Voltaire Paladines (Atalaya), Eduardo Granja
(Ecuatoirana), etc., etc. who were all also owners never signed as
"propietario" but as general manager. In that society and culture, putting
"owner" on a business card was the height of tackiness... something only
Numa Pompilio Castro of Radio Cosmopolita would do....

In any case, you might drop a line to my partner at the only station I owned
with a partner (Radio Carrousel 660 Guayaquil), Jaime Nebot Velasco and ask
him who I am. He can currently be reached by addressing your letter, in
Spanish, of course, to the Mayor of Guayaquil which is the position he
occupies currently.

Same thing with the 'Eduardo' shtik, if it were true, that's
the way you would have signed things, especially being in Latin America.

As mentioned before, I hav enot used that name except on such legal
documents as require _all_ names and on newsgroups, ever. when I woened
stations in Ecuador or managed stations and groups in Puerto Rico, I did not
need to use extra names... having an Irish name in Latin America is not all
that uncommon, as Bernard O'Higgins will testify (were he still alive).

You think that having a name that ends in a vowel somehow makes a person
seem to be something different? Non-Spanish names are profuse in Latin
America, ranging from Fujimori to Fox to Menem to Stroessner, to name a few
former presidents of several different countries.

However, as you and I both know, you were not an owner, nor are you
'Eduardo'.

Hey, even closer to home... talk to Larry Cervone, former head of Gates and
then BE in Quincy... he sold me the original equipment for my first
station... paid with travelers cheques in Quincy in June of1964... he loves
the story of the 17 year old who was building a radio station. Or, look for
my letter to the editor in Broadcasting in September, 1964 about
establishing contacts with stations in other countries. Or any member of the
International Broadcaster's Idea Bank in the 60's.... from Art Keller of EZ
communications to Cary Simpson of the Intermountain Network in Pennsylvania,
all of whom knew me "then" and knew what I did. Or Herb Levin of the 1020
Kendall, FL, station who was GM at WQA in Miami who helped me get my GM
position in Puerto Rico in 1970 when things went bad in Ecuador.

Nice try... I can name hundreds and hundreds of people who knew the
stations, knew me and would know you are without basis in your claim.

Go ahead... write to any of them... or to any broadcaster in Quito who was
active in that period. Go for it.

Old March 20th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

Dance little boy, dance! You were not the *owner*.

You're hilarious.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 20th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Dance little boy, dance! You were not the *owner*.

Whatever. Whether you believe or not really makes me no money, gives me no
more nor no less recognition and does not affect the price of rice in China.

think whatever you want. Have a ball.

Old March 20th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 20, 1:25 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"HFguy" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:
"HFguy" wrote in message

At this point David, the question is why are you spending so much time on
this group and others, defending HD radio and your personal life as well.
You said a while ago that it doesn't take much time from your schedule to
make all these responses but it's beginning to look like you must be
compensated in some way to make it worth your time. There are just too
many posts on this subject from someone that supposedly has more
important responsibilities in the radio industry than arguing on a Usenet
group. No one on this group is going to have any say in the outcome of HD
radio, with the possible exception of someone participating in a listener
survey. So why do you care?

It's amusing, especially while doing things like sitting in airports,
doing airchecks, etc.

But you make one very good point... nobody here will make even a tiny
difference in the success of HD except those working in the industry.

I guess we can take your refusal to answer the compensation question as an
indication that you are in some way compensated. It's clear that this is
all a game for you but how about giving it a rest.

It's absurd to even think that any radio company cares what goes on in a
group with about 15 regular posters. In case that is too obtuse, no, I do
not get compensated,

I was, before working in radio, a radio groupie. I collected DJ autographs
and verification letters and EKKO stamps and Jones Logs. Despite being in
the business now for nearly 50 years, I am still, first, a radio groupie.
Heck, last week I bought a sheetfed duplex scanner to put my Radex and
Whites and Stevenson's logs on my website... the first 15 or so are already
there, spanning the late 20's to the late 40's.

I believe in radio, and believe it still has lots of life. But there will be
fundamental technical changes for it to survive. Some may not be DX
friendly, and some may open up new DX opportunities.- Hide quoted text -

Actually, on second thought, it's not absurd to think that radio
companies care about what goes on in a
group with about 15 regular posters. So nevermind.

Old March 20th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 20, 1:27 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"HFguy" wrote in message

[...]

Yes we are very amused at your BS. Be sure to show these posts to your
circle of imaginary insiders so they can laugh at us and continue to
imagine seeing and hearing that imaginary ASIC at working in a prototype
unit.

And how many HD stations do you work with? And how many markets do you get
monthly and weekly Arbitron data for?

You don't know a thing about the radio industry, as you have proven over and
over again, and the worst thing is that you don't care to learn. Having $5 k
for an expensive radio is not a sign of knowledge, just of extravagance.- Hide quoted text -

Looking back at your post again, it seems to me that you actually know
a great deal about the radio industry. So, please disregard my earlier
criticism. Sorry.

Old March 20th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 02:40:40 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:01:07 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

In other words, most people under a certain age will not listen to AM no
matter what is on it because the sound sucks and there is so much noise
and
interference.

So why are most of the Radio Disney stations AM?

... Because AM stations are cheap and for a couple of million, they got
about 40 of them.

Practically nobody listens; it's still a cheap marketing tool for Disney,
though.

How many ''practically nobodies'' make an audience?