Old April 1st 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM IBOC cripples installed base of over 150 million receivers in USA

Just what the Bushies need, more poor people ****ed-off at them for
sucking more fat-cat dick.
Old April 1st 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 1, 1:45?pm, David wrote:
Just what the Bushies need, more poor people ****ed-off at them for
sucking more fat-cat dick.

The sole-source, non-competitive bid to iNiquity, of our free airways,
is a travesty. Here are my comments from a recent Washington Post
article that addresses this issue:

"The FCC Tunes Into HD Radio--And May Turn Off Distant AM"

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/faste...d_radio_n.html

Here are my comments, from that article:

"The FCC has just given away our free airwaves to a few corporate
thugs, including iBiquity Digital Corporation. Especially on AM, HD/
IBOC causes adjacent-channel interference, which I have confirmed
listening to WTWP in Wash., D.C.- the digital sidebands are over-
powering on 1490 and 1510 and would clobber any existing stations on
those frequencies. Few HD radios have been sold, as consumers have not
bought into this farce. This whole setup is just to the advantage of
the HD Radio Alliance, as they own most of the 1,200 stations
broadcasting in HD - the small mom-and-pop stations have lost coverage
and will probably disappear. This FCC sole-source, non-competitive
contract award to iBiquity is a total travesty !"

Think about adding your comments - looks like the reporter is fishing
for a follow-up story. There is a large group of us that have been
contacting the major newspapers that have run stories on HD Radio and
emailing them various HD Radio articles, especially this one:

"HD Radio on the Offense"

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/2007-0...on-the-offense

We have heard back from some of the reporters. Try Google Blog search
for "HD Radio" and add your comments to every HD Radio blog that you
have time for. Although authorized by the FCC, they have left it up to
the marketplace to decide its fate - it is far from a done-deal, as HD/
IBOC supporters would have you believe. With almost total consumer
apathy, HD Radio will probably fail, as AM Stereo did in the 1980's.
Use your voice - you will be heard !

Old April 2nd 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
Just what the Bushies need, more poor people ****ed-off at them for
sucking more fat-cat dick.

Better you save your stinking breath for that job interview. You'll need
some serious cash to buy that flatscreen HDTV very soon. Your favorite
standard definition propaganda TV station is about to go dark on you.

Old April 3rd 07, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:34:18 -0500, "HD Radio¹"
wrote:

"David" wrote in message
.. .
Just what the Bushies need, more poor people ****ed-off at them for
sucking more fat-cat dick.

Better you save your stinking breath for that job interview. You'll need
some serious cash to buy that flatscreen HDTV very soon. Your favorite
standard definition propaganda TV station is about to go dark on you.

I've been watching digital TV for over ten years.

WOW! That government welfare check is better than I thought.
Remind me to find more IRS deductions next year.

Old April 3rd 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 1, 10:45 am, David wrote:
Just what the Bushies need, more poor people ****ed-off at them for
sucking more fat-cat dick.

How has my receiver gotten crippled? Think like a normal radio user
for a bit. The radio still picks up signals and plays them, right?
So? What's the problem?

It would be something else if the radio were totally unuseable, as
will happen with analog TV sets that are not hooked up to CATV
services post-2009. Or like when the UK shifted its TV service from
VHF channels with 405 lines of resolution to UHF with 625 lines.

--
Stephanie (no, I don't like IBOC either) Weil
New York City, USA

Old April 4th 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 3 Apr 2007 11:57:57 -0700, "Stephanie Weil"
wrote:

On Apr 1, 10:45 am, David wrote:
Just what the Bushies need, more poor people ****ed-off at them for
sucking more fat-cat dick.

How has my receiver gotten crippled? Think like a normal radio user
for a bit. The radio still picks up signals and plays them, right?
So? What's the problem?

It would be something else if the radio were totally unuseable, as
will happen with analog TV sets that are not hooked up to CATV
services post-2009. Or like when the UK shifted its TV service from
VHF channels with 405 lines of resolution to UHF with 625 lines.

The IBOC signal takes up 5 channels.
Old April 4th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 3, 11:14 pm, David wrote:

The IBOC signal takes up 5 channels.

My point is, Is the radio still PLAYING and picking up a station?

steph

Old April 4th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM IBOC cripples installed base of over 150 million receiversi...

Hows it hanging in New York City,Step?
(like a hammer)
cuhulin

Old April 4th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I don't think step loves this old Southern boy.
I don't have to climb a rope to get to my home though.

.......Larry

Old April 4th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Step and Brenda,,, tell those Assholes in that phonograph room I says to
kiss my ass and go to HELL!!!!!
cuhulin