Old April 8th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Rescue comms on 5717 khz

Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Old April 8th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Very weak here. Let us know what's going on.

Old April 8th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Old April 8th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

Old April 8th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

Steve

Old April 8th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

OK, I've both freqs on now. 5717 seemed pretty weak, but then it is mid
afternoon.

Old April 8th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

I've Halifax in here good on 5717. Not sure who was on there so weak earlier.

Old April 8th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 4:19 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

OK, I've both freqs on now. 5717 seemed pretty weak, but then it is mid
afternoon.

Just heard Halifax military talking to Rescue 320. I had clear copy on
Halifax military but no copy at all on Rescue 320, so I'm still not
clear about what's going on. Halifax M. said it would be in contact
with Rescue 320 again in a few minutes. Someone up North might be
better situated to hear all of this.

Old April 8th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

I've Halifax in here good on 5717. Not sure who was on there so weak earlier.

Heard Halifax military giving data about weather / sea conditions at
destination to Rescue 320, and while 320 is audible now I'm still not
able to copy. Halifax Military also having trouble copying 320.

Old April 8th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 8, 5:11 pm, "Steve" wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:38 pm, dxAce wrote:

Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:15 pm, dxAce wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Apr 8, 4:06 pm, "Steve" wrote:
Just started hearing them. Some sort of rescue operation in progress.
Don't know the details yet, but I'll be listening!

Last thing I heard was Halifax Military instructing someone out in the
field to make radio contact again before going into the water.

Is it 5717 or 5718? My old CFL shows 5718 as a Canuck freq.

I was hearing them on 5717, though they've gone silent for the last
few minutes.

I've Halifax in here good on 5717. Not sure who was on there so weak earlier.

Heard Halifax military giving data about weather / sea conditions at
destination to Rescue 320, and while 320 is audible now I'm still not
able to copy. Halifax Military also having trouble copying 320.- Hide quoted text -

If anyone's curious about how things sound on my end, you can go here
for a sound bite:

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm...=695895286.wav

It's about a 3.3MB download, so it'll take a minute on a good
connection.

I'm guessing that the reference to St. Anthony that you hear in this
audio clip is a reference to that town of that name in Newfoundland:

http://www.town.stanthony.nf.ca/index2.htm

Steve

Coast Guard rescue comms on 6640 usb Steve Shortwave 2 March 30th 07 09:35 PM
rescue comms on 5717 Steve Shortwave 1 July 20th 06 01:33 AM
rescue comms on 5717 khz Steve Shortwave 5 July 16th 06 02:01 AM
SAR comms on 5717 khz [email protected] Shortwave 0 July 21st 05 09:33 PM
SAR comms heard on 5717 [email protected] Shortwave 11 June 28th 05 01:55 PM