Old June 10th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bigger RFI threat than BPL, IBOC?

Greetings;

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If the energy stays near the
coil, how would it interfere with HF? It would be interesting to learn more
about the science behind this research. It would be interesting to have a
shortwave radio at the lab and hear what happens.

Sincerely,

Bruce Atchison - author of When a Man Loves a Rabbit (Learning and Living
With Bunnies).
http://www.bookadz.com/batchison.htm
http://www.bookstream.biz/cgi-bin/bo...s&store_id=102

Old June 11th 07, 08:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bruce Atchison - author" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings;

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If the energy stays near the
coil, how would it interfere with HF? It would be interesting to learn
more
about the science behind this research. It would be interesting to have a
shortwave radio at the lab and hear what happens.

Since HF radio is electromagnetic propogation, there is no way that a
"magnetic" energy transfer would not interfere. After all, you are not
receiving electricity on your HF radio, but electromagnetic waves
("magnetic") which are turned into electricity by your receiver.

Old June 11th 07, 08:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

fcc couldn't care less if we can't DX long distance.Follow The Money.
cuhulin

Old June 11th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bruce Atchison - author wrote:

Greetings;

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If the energy stays near the
coil, how would it interfere with HF?

How are you going to get it to "stay near the coil" and still couple
any energy into the other end? In fact, at that frequency it is
impossible to get much efficiency, so that majority of the RF will be
radiated. According to the article, the made id a whole six fet. To
double that distance, they would have to put four times the energy into
the system. There is enough inefficient crap on the market already. If
that idiot can't remember to charge his cell phone, then he doesn't need
it. If he's that absent minded, he shouldn't be allowed to drive, or
maybe be allowed out of his house.

This smells of a MIT practical joke, to see how many idiots bite
before someone blows the whistle, like:

http://www.dhmo.org/

It would be interesting to learn more
about the science behind this research. It would be interesting to have a
shortwave radio at the lab and hear what happens.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old June 11th 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bruce Atchison - author" wrote in message
.. .

[snip]

It would be interesting to learn more
about the science behind this research.

Check out your local library. Look for radio related electronics textbooks,
the Radio Engineer's Handbook, the Radiotron Designer's Handbook and
similiar books. The ARRL handbooks cover this concept well without a huge
amount of math.

It would be interesting to have a
shortwave radio at the lab and hear what happens.

Many SW radios -- especially portables -- will overload on strong signals.
An SW radio overloaded by a nearby battery charge broadcaster would be
blocked out. The effect would be the same as with some car radios which
overload near broadcast towers.

Frank Dresser

Old June 11th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Barker's microphone short little thread at, alt.gossip.celebrities
newsgroup thangy.
cuhulin

Old June 11th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Maybe he should be sittin in the klink with Paris Hilton.
www.tmz.com/category/paris-hilton
cuhulin

Old June 12th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Bruce Atchison - author" wrote:

Greetings;

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. If the energy stays near the
coil, how would it interfere with HF? It would be interesting to learn more
about the science behind this research. It would be interesting to have a
shortwave radio at the lab and hear what happens.

This is a workable concept over a short distance; the shorter the
better. A practical example would be a induction stovetop where the pan
is right on the other side of a ceramic top from the induction coil.
Many people have these but a drawback is that you have to have iron,
copper or steel cookware. Glass or ceramic pots and pans won't work.

The idea is to put all the power into an induction field and not radiate
the energy to a greater distance than 1 wavelength of the operating
frequency. Energy in a local induction field does not leave the local
circuit. A local power induction field could easily cause a radio not to
function and even damage it.

This is not workable over the distance of a house. The power induction
field would have to saturate everything in the house including people.
Currents would flow in any conductor and heat it up.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 13th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 11, 11:53 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
[...]

Sounds fishy to me, and yes any iron in it's way is going to suffer
eddy current and Hystersis losses and heat up. Could cook some eggs
on the hood of your car on a cloudy day maybe.

I remember them telling me in school - GO BADGERS! - that in order to
have a field that was not static there had to be both H and E
components. Is it possible to have a field in the MHz range that only
has one component? either B or E? I don't think so.

B=Mu*H

NEO

Old June 13th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I wouldn't even want to date Paris Hilton.Lets me see can I can drum up
some kind of a good old, old, old black and white movie on Radio tb to
watch.Doggy, she is sleepin down between my legs, as usual.
cuhulin