Old April 22nd 05, 05:15 PM
David

Default Way Bigger Threat to America Than Al Quaeda

April 20, 2005
They Mean It
This is so important and scary that I'm going to just steal some of it
from Lambert at corrente as well as send you there for the rest.

Christians have an obligation, a mandate, a commission, a holy
responsibility to reclaim the land for Jesus Christ – to have dominion
in the civil structures, just as in every other aspect of life and
godliness. But it is dominion that we are after. Not just a voice. It
is dominion we are afier. Not just influence. It is dominion we are
after. Not just equal time. It is dominion we are after.

World conquest. That's what Christ has commissioned us to accomplish.
We must win the world with the power of the Gospel. And we must never
settle for anything less. If Jesus Christ is indeed Lord, as the Bible
says, and if our commission is to bring the land into subjection to
His Lordship, as the Bible says, then all our activities, all our
witnessing, all our preaching, all our craftsmanship, all our
stewardship, and all our political action will aim at nothing short of
that sacred purpose. Thus, Christian politics has as its primary
intent the conquest of the land — of men, families, institutions,
bureaucracies, courts, and governments for the Kingdom of Christ. It
is to reinstitute the authority of God’s Word as supreme over all
judgments, over all legislation, over all declarations, constitutions,
and confederations. True Christian political action seeks to rein the
passions of men and curb the pattern of digression under God’s rule.
Fortunately, because of the theocratic orientation of our founding
fathers, our nation has virtually all the apparatus extant to
implement such a reclamation. Unfortunately, the enemies of the Gospel
have hand-in-hand eroded the strength of those godly foundations.
Thus, we stand at the crossroads.

That above passage can be found in The Changing of the Guard; Biblical
Blueprints for Political Action, by George Grant. Published by
Dominion Press of Fort Worth, Texas; copyright 1987. Grant is a former
Executive Director of Coral Ridge Ministries.

You can read that passage, and many others, he (see book pages
50-51 - online pages 81-82) The Changing of the Guard.

A more recent post is here and a related post is here. Meanwhile
Lambert is sending people here for mo

Americans have long been in denial that there is a movement in the
U.S. that seeks to impose a Christian theocratic government; that
there is a movement that is effectively using the tools of
constitutional democracy, (also known as elections) to end
constitutional democracy as we know it; that this movement is growing
in number and power. It can't happen here, we reassure ourselves.
Americans won't let it happen. But in fact, we are closer now than we
have ever been, to "it" happening here.
These people mean it. America is an experiment. Democracy is an
experiment. American democracy has not been around very long, and we
have never been so perilously close to losing it. All the checks and
balances have been removed by allies of these people. They mean it.
The leader of the Senate is saying that Democrats hate "people of
faith." They mean it. Time magazine puts on their cover a person who
calls for murdering us. They mean it. A Supreme Court Justice declares
that rulers should be chosen by God, not the people. They mean it. The
Vice President is the keynote speaker at a conference where other
speakers called for "a new McCarthyism" to bring "terror" to
intellectuals, saying "let's oppress them [liberals]," and that "the
entire Harvard faculty" are "traitors." They mean it. They mean it.

Watch your backs. I mean it.

Posted by Dave Johnson

http://www.seeingtheforest.com/archi...ey_mean_it.htm

Old April 22nd 05, 06:15 PM
bpnjensen

Let's be absolutely clear - this does not mean all Christians. The
majority of Christians in the US believe in gentle persuasion at worst
and a true live-and-let-live attitude (as the Constitution encourages),
as long as their own beliefs are not used against them.

There are crackpots in every religion. They are not the norm. Yes, we
need to be cautious, but no, we do not need to be paranoid. I refuse
to be worried to distraction by any group.

Bruce Jensen

Old April 22nd 05, 06:33 PM
David

On 22 Apr 2005 10:15:09 -0700, "bpnjensen"
wrote:

Let's be absolutely clear - this does not mean all Christians. The
majority of Christians in the US believe in gentle persuasion at worst
and a true live-and-let-live attitude (as the Constitution encourages),
as long as their own beliefs are not used against them.

There are crackpots in every religion. They are not the norm. Yes, we
need to be cautious, but no, we do not need to be paranoid. I refuse
to be worried to distraction by any group.

Bruce Jensen

These are not just religious crackpots. They are an organized
conspiracy to overthrow the constitutional republic of the United
States and institute Biblical law. They are very real.

If the threat is real it ain't paranoia.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/

Old April 22nd 05, 06:35 PM
dxAce

wrote:

Let's be absolutely clear - this does not mean all Christians. The
majority of Christians in the US believe in gentle persuasion at worst
and a true live-and-let-live attitude (as the Constitution encourages),
as long as their own beliefs are not used against them.

There are crackpots in every religion. They are not the norm. Yes, we
need to be cautious, but no, we do not need to be paranoid. I refuse
to be worried to distraction by any group.

Bruce Jensen

These are not just religious crackpots. They are an organized
conspiracy to overthrow the constitutional republic of the United
States and institute Biblical law. They are very real.

If the threat is real it ain't paranoia.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/

You are rapidly becoming the poster boy for paranoia.

Off your meds yet again?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 22nd 05, 06:48 PM

The Republican party is run by these ready for the rapture nutcases.
Just look at
http://www.frcaction.org/
Corporate criminal turned senator Bill Frist will address the "nuke 'em
in the name of Jesus" crowd.

It is a shame that those Christians who deem the rapture-right not to
be in the mainstream of their religion do absolutely nothing about
these zealots. These so-called mainstream Christians have blood on
their hands for failing to stop the rapture-right, and in fact enabling
these nuts to gain more power by their so-called "values voting."

Who would Jesus bomb?

Old April 22nd 05, 07:00 PM
David

wrote:

[...]

I realize it must be difficult dealing with undiagnosed dementia, but
please stop ****ing-up every goddam thread with your mindless mental
spitwads.

Old April 22nd 05, 07:04 PM
Michael Lawson

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
oups.com...
Let's be absolutely clear - this does not mean all Christians. The
majority of Christians in the US believe in gentle persuasion at

worst
and a true live-and-let-live attitude (as the Constitution

encourages),
as long as their own beliefs are not used against them.

There are crackpots in every religion. They are not the norm. Yes,

we
need to be cautious, but no, we do not need to be paranoid. I

refuse
to be worried to distraction by any group.

Considering that the US is more secular and more tolerant
now than at any time in the past, I'd say you hit the nail on
the head.

--Mike L.

Old April 22nd 05, 07:04 PM

bill frist is proabortion and a gun grabber!
I am fixin to make my usual afternoon trip over to the Goodwill thrift
store now and flirt with them wimmins over there.
cuhulin

Old April 22nd 05, 07:08 PM
dxAce

wrote:

[...]