Old October 2nd 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ABC CITADEL AM STATIONS SUSPEND NIGHTTIME IBOC

"Stephanie Weil" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 2, 2:22 pm, wrote:

And I'm supposed to believe some anonymous guy without any proof (not
even a screenshot of the email).

Truth is:

Nightime IBOC would work just fine if the adjust the parameters to fit
inside 10 kHz.

Our local ABC station (WABC-77) has been turning off its IBOC at night
for the past two nights, I've noticed. I figured something had to be
wrong between WABC and WJR-76 in Detroit.

Univision's WADO-1280 does the same thing. Sometimes it's not even on
during the day. Wonder who complained to WADO about nighttime
interference.

It has not been on due to an exciter issue... the whole thing went back to
Quincy. It will return.

Old October 2nd 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 2:22?pm, wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:47 am, wrote:

ABC CITADEL AM STATIONS SUSPEND NIGHTTIME IBOC

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index....c,82132.0.html

It's over for AM-HD - no sense in running it during the day, if it
doesn't work at night!

And I'm supposed to believe some anonymous guy without any proof (not
even a screenshot of the email).

Truth is:

Nightime IBOC would work just fine if the adjust the parameters to fit
inside 10 kHz.

Won't happen - the signal is already at least 20khz wide on each side
- LOL!

Old October 2nd 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On Oct 2, 2:22?pm, wrote:

Truth is: Nightime IBOC would work just fine if they
adjust the parameters to fit inside 10 kHz.

Won't happen - the signal is already at least 20khz wide
on each side - LOL!

- Eliminate the analog, and HD fits very nicely into a 10 kHz channel.

- Alternatively, you could keep the analog and let the HD "hang over"
5 kHz per side, which would not be quite as bad as the current
situation.

Old October 2nd 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 4:45?pm, SFTV_troy wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 2, 2:22?pm, wrote:

Truth is: Nightime IBOC would work just fine if they
adjust the parameters to fit inside 10 kHz.

Won't happen - the signal is already at least 20khz wide
on each side - LOL!

- Eliminate the analog, and HD fits very nicely into a 10 kHz channel.

- Alternatively, you could keep the analog and let the HD "hang over"
5 kHz per side, which would not be quite as bad as the current
situation.

If it could have been done, it already woud have...

Old October 3rd 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 4:00 pm, wrote:
On Oct 2, 4:45?pm, SFTV_troy wrote:

- Eliminate the analog, and HD fits very nicely into a 10 kHz channel.

- Alternatively, you could keep the analog and let the HD
"hang over" 5 kHz per side, which would not be quite
as bad as the current situation.

If it could have been done, it already woud have...

It can be done... I've read the specs for the HDR standard.

Old October 2nd 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 2:22?pm, wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:47 am, wrote:

ABC CITADEL AM STATIONS SUSPEND NIGHTTIME IBOC

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index....c,82132.0.html

It's over for AM-HD - no sense in running it during the day, if it
doesn't work at night!

And I'm supposed to believe some anonymous guy without any proof (not
even a screenshot of the email).

Truth is:

Nightime IBOC would work just fine if the adjust the parameters to fit
inside 10 kHz.

In article . com,

wrote:
ABC CITADEL AM STATIONS SUSPEND NIGHTTIME IBOC

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index....c,82132.0.html

It's over for AM-HD - no sense in running it during the day, if it
doesn't work at night!

To quote:

"Yep. I saw that one coming. Behind the scenes, the impression the
companies have had when it comes to nighttime operation has been quite
negative. HD is finally starting to unravel. It's about time."
--
John Higdon
+1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

http://tinyurl.com/2l6c4k

Ha! Ha! SFTVratings! Eduardo!

Old October 2nd 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 2, 2:22?pm, wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:47 am, wrote:

ABC CITADEL AM STATIONS SUSPEND NIGHTTIME IBOC

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index....c,82132.0.html

It's over for AM-HD - no sense in running it during the day, if it
doesn't work at night!

And I'm supposed to believe some anonymous guy without any proof (not
even a screenshot of the email).

Truth is:

Nightime IBOC would work just fine if the adjust the parameters to fit
inside 10 kHz.

http://www.radio-info.com/index.php

So sorry! Ha! Ha!

Old October 2nd 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 2, 11:22 am, wrote:
On Oct 2, 11:47 am, wrote:

ABC CITADEL AM STATIONS SUSPEND NIGHTTIME IBOC

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index....c,82132.0.html

It's over for AM-HD - no sense in running it during the day, if it
doesn't work at night!

And I'm supposed to believe some anonymous guy without any proof (not
even a screenshot of the email).

- Truth is:
-
- Nightime IBOC would work just fine if the adjust
- they parameters to fit inside 10 kHz.

DOH ! - If the Shoe Don't Fit . . .
Don't Stick It In Your Mouth !

SFTV, { "Hybrid Digital" Man }

AM/MW "HD" Radio is 'by-design' Engineered to Interfer
with the two Adjacent AM/MW Radio Channels at 10 kHz.
http://electronicdesign.com/Files/29.../Figure_02.gif

AM {Basic} Analog Audio +/- 5 kHz
Digital Primary {Outside Audio} Side-Bands +/- 10~15 kHz
Digital Secondary {Inside Data} Side-Bands +/- 5~10 kHz

For the current IBOC Broadcast 'Scheme' to work on the
AM/MW Radio Band : The current Channel "Spacing" of
10 kHz would have to be expanded to 25 kHz. Meaning
that Half the Current AM/MW Radio Stations would have
to be 'transitioned' from the AM/MW Radio Band to the
FM Radio Band. In order to accomodate these 'new' FM
Radio Stations; the FM Radio Band would have to be
Expanded by using the former Analog TV Channels 5 & 6
{76 MHz to 88 MHz}.

1 - Serving in the Public Interest - The Clear Channel
Mega-Power AM/MW Radio Broadcaster is no longer
needed or required : Therefore the concept of Local
AM/MW Radio Stations having 1000 Watts and former
Clear Channel AM/MW Radio Stations having 50,000
Watts is clearly outdated.

2 - The 'artifical' 1% Digital to Analog Signal Ratio is
clearly not working fully within the 10 mv/m Contour
and Fails beyond it.
1000 Watts Analog ERP @ 1% = 10 Watts Digital
5000 Watts Analog ERP @ 1% = 50 Watts Digital
10,000 Watts Analog ERP @ 1% = 100 Watts Digital
20,000 Watts Analog ERP @ 1% = 200 Watts Digital
50,000 Watts Analog ERP @ 1% = 500 Watts Digital

3 - Localize All "HD" AM/MW Radio Broadcasting.
Three Classes of AM/MW "HD" Radio Broadcasters :
* Rural Local Radio Stations 100 Watts - Days and Nights
- - - Gives Local Radio Stations Ten Times (10X)
the Digital Power that they presently have.
* Metro Radio Stations 400 Watts - Days and Nights
- - - Gives Metro Area Radio Stations 2X~8X
the Digital Power that they presently have.
* Regional Radio Stations 1600 Watts Days and
800 Watts Nights
- - - Gives Regional Radio Stations 2X~3X
the Digital Power that they presently have.

FCC mandate that all new AM/FM Radios :
Made in the USA or Imported into the USA
be "HD" {IBOC} Radios by 2009.

FCC requirement that allAM/FM Radio Stations
be Broadcasting in "HD" {IBOC} Radios by 2010.

I Ask Myself : What IBOC ?
All I See Is The Blinking Blue Light ! ~ RHF
In That Distant Land* Where IBOC Fears To Go :
Life Exists and Radio Listeners Live Beyond the 10mv/m Contour.
* Twain Harte, CA -USA-
Old October 2nd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

.

"FCC mandate that all new AM/FM Radios :
Made in the USA or Imported into the USA
be "HD" {IBOC} Radios by 2009."

Consumers don't even buy radios anymore, and then to expect them to
spend $100 for digital radios that have crappy reception and poor
programming choices - LOL!