Old November 30th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default RFI: Another thought

Many 10 to 20 year old solid state SWL receivers use discreet logic
ICs and
suffer from insufficient bypassing.

I found that bypassing all of the ICs in the R2000 lowered the
internal noise floor
by slightly over 4dB. I measured this degree of improvement on 4
R2000s.

I used 0.001 across the DIPs and 0.001 with a 1uF tantalum across the
LSI chips.
I also added 1uFs willy nilly on the +5V rail.

Terry

Thought you might like this John Plimmer Shortwave 1 April 11th 07 04:05 PM
And You Thought You'd Seen It All David Stinson Boatanchors 2 May 19th 04 12:12 AM
If I thought Maximus Shortwave 3 April 14th 04 04:42 AM
New Thought... ergo Swap 6 December 23rd 03 02:47 AM