Old February 3rd 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grundig

is grundig one of the best companies out there? I really like it and am
wondering if its of a really good caliber.

Old February 3rd 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 2, 10:21�pm, wrote:
is grundig one of the best companies out there? �I really like it and am
wondering if its of a really good caliber.

Grundig/Tecsun/Eton is over-priced, third-world, not made in Germany
anymore.
Old February 3rd 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Senior Member

On Feb 2, 10:21*pm, wrote:
is grundig one of the best companies out there? *I really like it and am
wondering if its of a really good caliber.

There are some interesting products sold under the Grundig name (e.g.
Grundig G5), and there are some sub-standard products sold under the
Grundig name. But the Grundig of today is not the Grundig of years
back. As it's a bit more than I have the time to delve into, I will
go the RHF route and refer you to some external links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grundig
http://www.rwonline.com/reference-ro...rundig_2.shtml

In the North American market, the Eton Corporation markets many of its
offering under the Grundig brand name. Many, but not all, of Eton's
product offerings are re-branded variants of Tecsun radios (hence
IBOCcrock's reference to the company as Grundig/Tecsun/Eton). For a
full listing of Eton's product offerings visit:

http://www.etoncorp.com
Old February 5th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 2, 10:21*pm, wrote:
is grundig one of the best companies out there?

Well, there is a Grundig in europe, which is different from the Eton
folks in USA that have the rights to use that name. If it is
important to you the products from either company come mostly from
china and other parts of asia. Basically you will get what you pay
for.

*I really like it and am
wondering if its of a really good caliber.

What exactly are you looking at. You asked if Grundig was a good
company and then you really like it asked if it was a good caliber.
Which it are you talking about. I assume you are asking about
products with the Grundig name and not the companies that own the
brands.