Old February 9th 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default EDUARDO - Chrysler to put WiMax into its cars

"Chrysler to put WiMax into its cars"

Recommend articleetroit (MI) - Chrysler is working on what the
company calls "advanced in-vehicle wireless communications" that will
be based on cellular, Wi-Fi and WiMax technologies.

Chrysler may have been a bit slow adopting electronic gadgets for its
vehicles in the past few years, but the company plans to be on the
forefront when the next wireless technology is rolled out.

"We recognize that customers are spending more and more time in their
vehicles, and that the automobile is becoming much like an additional
room in the home or office," said Frank Klegon, executive vice
president for product development at Chrysler. "To address this
evolving reality, Chrysler vehicles will soon boast an unprecedented
level of vehicle connectivity, delivering a wide array of important
communications features directly to our customers, in their vehicles."
Chrysler believes that wireless connectivity will also increase the
security of cars.

In fact, specifically the intent to integrate WiMax into cars comes
very early, even before the technology has become generally available
to business and home users.

So, what exactly is WiMax expected to bring to the driver and
passengers of a car? Of course, general availability and a greater
bandwidth than cellphone networks makes this technology an attractive
tool to increase data communication: Chrysler envisions that future
GPS systems will feature satellite imagery downloaded from the
Internet as well as automatic wireless map updates, real time weather
information. Downloads to in-car entertainment centers can also
include service reminders, Internet search, e-mail access, and online
shopping - which will include the availability of fee-based multimedia
content. On the service side, an always-on broadband connection could
be used to download software patches to virtually any electronic
module in a car.

"Chrysler's in-vehicle communications strategy will continue to focus
on creating a safe-driving environment through practical innovations,
while enabling customers to choose a variety of features they want,"
said Klegon. "Chrysler's connectivity solutions will deliver
simplicity, security, freedom and flexibility," the executive
promised.

He said that Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles will be getting WiMax
connectivity "over the next few years."

WiMax services are expected to be rolled out in the U.S. this year.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35601/145/

SUCKA - it's over for HD Radio!
Old February 9th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article
,
IBOCcrock wrote:

[...]

The only car manufacturer I know of that is promoting HD radio is BMW. I
have heard the BMW commercials on AM radio as my source but I don't know
if it is an option or standard or any other details. Could be just
promotional BS. I'm not interested enough to follow up on it. I already
waisted my time on the Samsung site looking for vaporware.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 9th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

The only car manufacturer I know of that is promoting HD radio is BMW. I
have heard the BMW commercials on AM radio as my source but I don't know
if it is an option or standard or any other details. Could be just
promotional BS. I'm not interested enough to follow up on it. I already
waisted my time on the Samsung site looking for vaporware.

My X5 has HD. Third generation and marvelous. Takes FMs in HD to and beyond
the useful analog contour, and AMs on clean frequencies beyond the onset of
noise on analog. During the storms two weeks ago, I could get KNX HD for
news well into Riverside County, while the analog signal was unlistenable
due to the lightening and atmospherics.

Samsung does not promote the HD chip to consumers. It has certainly spent a
lot of time with iBiquity and its shareholders, though.

Old February 9th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 9, 4:10 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

The only car manufacturer I know of that is promoting HD radio is BMW. I
have heard the BMW commercials on AM radio as my source but I don't know
if it is an option or standard or any other details. Could be just
promotional BS. I'm not interested enough to follow up on it. I already
waisted my time on the Samsung site looking for vaporware.

My X5 has HD. Third generation and marvelous. Takes FMs in HD to and beyond
the useful analog contour, and AMs on clean frequencies beyond the onset of
noise on analog. During the storms two weeks ago, I could get KNX HD for
news well into Riverside County, while the analog signal was unlistenable
due to the lightening and atmospherics.

Samsung does not promote the HD chip to consumers. It has certainly spent a
lot of time with iBiquity and its shareholders, though.

Eddie - have you taken your meds today?

jw
Old February 9th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

The only car manufacturer I know of that is promoting HD radio is BMW. I
have heard the BMW commercials on AM radio as my source but I don't know
if it is an option or standard or any other details. Could be just
promotional BS. I'm not interested enough to follow up on it. I already
waisted my time on the Samsung site looking for vaporware.

My X5 has HD. Third generation and marvelous. Takes FMs in HD to and beyond
the useful analog contour, and AMs on clean frequencies beyond the onset of
noise on analog. During the storms two weeks ago, I could get KNX HD for
news well into Riverside County, while the analog signal was unlistenable
due to the lightening and atmospherics.

Samsung does not promote the HD chip to consumers. It has certainly spent a
lot of time with iBiquity and its shareholders, though.

I'm not talking about promoting. If you visit the Samsung semiconductor
site they have announcements for all chip developments. All I saw were
analog radio on a chip for AMBCB and FMBCB.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 9th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

The only car manufacturer I know of that is promoting HD radio is BMW. I
have heard the BMW commercials on AM radio as my source but I don't know
if it is an option or standard or any other details. Could be just
promotional BS. I'm not interested enough to follow up on it. I already
waisted my time on the Samsung site looking for vaporware.

My X5 has HD. Third generation and marvelous. Takes FMs in HD to and beyond
the useful analog contour, and AMs on clean frequencies beyond the onset of
noise on analog. During the storms two weeks ago, I could get KNX HD for
news well into Riverside County, while the analog signal was unlistenable
due to the lightening and atmospherics.

Snip

Was it an option or standard equipment?

How KOGO 600? Can you get that in HD?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 9th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

[...]

I'm beginning to think that 'Eduardo' has a chip implanted in his head, and that he
hears 'voices'...

Old February 9th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
The only car manufacturer I know of that is promoting HD radio is BMW. I
have heard the BMW commercials on AM radio as my source but I don't know
if it is an option or standard or any other details. Could be just
promotional BS. I'm not interested enough to follow up on it. I already
waisted my time on the Samsung site looking for vaporware.

My X5 has HD. Third generation and marvelous. Takes FMs in HD to and beyond
the useful analog contour, and AMs on clean frequencies beyond the onset of
noise on analog. During the storms two weeks ago, I could get KNX HD for
news well into Riverside County, while the analog signal was unlistenable
due to the lightening and atmospherics.

Samsung does not promote the HD chip to consumers. It has certainly spent a
lot of time with iBiquity and its shareholders, though.

That's all well and good, but unless Toyota makes it standard it ain't
gonna fly. And they won't and it won't, unless Ibiquity pays them big
bongos to do it, like the satcasters did.

Old February 9th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
David wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
..
.
[...]

There is the very teensy problem of it actually EXISTING.

Yes it is a SMALL matter but important.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 9th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:10:58 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

The only car manufacturer I know of that is promoting HD radio is BMW. I
have heard the BMW commercials on AM radio as my source but I don't know
if it is an option or standard or any other details. Could be just
promotional BS. I'm not interested enough to follow up on it. I already
waisted my time on the Samsung site looking for vaporware.

My X5 has HD. Third generation and marvelous. Takes FMs in HD to and beyond
the useful analog contour, and AMs on clean frequencies beyond the onset of
noise on analog. During the storms two weeks ago, I could get KNX HD for
news well into Riverside County, while the analog signal was unlistenable
due to the lightening and atmospherics.

Samsung does not promote the HD chip to consumers. It has certainly spent a
lot of time with iBiquity and its shareholders, though.

And if memory serves, KNX also dropped the amount of power to their AM
broadcasts when they started using the HD format.