Old February 19th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Not receiving FM radio stations

For years I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier my
cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception on my table top
radio. All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception. I tried touching
the antenna directly to the amplifier without any results. Any
suggestions
Old February 19th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Not Receiving FM Radio Stations - Any Suggestions ?

On Feb 19, 2:25*pm, "
wrote:
-
- For years
-
- I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier
- my cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception
- on my table top radio.
-
-*All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception.
-
-*I tried touching the antenna directly to the
- amplifier without any results. *
-
- Any suggestions
-

Malibu,

First - Try the FM Radio with a simple Whip Antenna, or 3 Foot
Straight Wire Antenna, or a Basic FM Folded Dipole Antenna.
FMFDA - http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ300199512576

Postion the Antenna Up-in-the-Air not touching any Cable TV Stuff.

-IF- the FM Radio Works OK ) It ain't the Radio.
-and- It must be a change in your Cable TV System.

-IF- the FM Radio Does NOT Works :-{ It's Time to Buy another Radio.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
Old February 20th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
For years I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier my
cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception on my table top
radio. All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception. I tried touching
the antenna directly to the amplifier without any results. Any
suggestions

Most cable systems are slowly moving away from carrying local FM stations to
carrying satellite fed digital radio (the precursors to Sirius and XM). My
local companies in Portland, OR did this almost two decades ago, much to the
chagrin of many radio listeners in "shadowed" parts of town. Smaller
companies started doing this fairly recently, but it's likely all will do so
in time, especially once analog TV goes offline, it's doubtful they will
carry any analog signals.

Old February 20th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 19, 9:46*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
wrote in message

For years I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier my
cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception on my table top
radio. *All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception. *I tried touching
the antenna directly to the amplifier without any results. *Any
suggestions

- Most cable systems are slowly moving away from carrying
- local FM stations to carrying satellite fed digital radio (the
- precursors to Sirius and XM). My local companies in
- Portland, OR did this almost two decades ago, much to
- the chagrin of many radio listeners in "shadowed" parts
- of town. *Smaller companies started doing this fairly recently,
- but it's likely all will do so in time, especially once analog
- TV goes offline, it's doubtful they will carry any analog signals.

- = Example = -
SF Bay Area - Comcast Cuts Back on FM Radio Service
Listeners in 31 North Bay and East Bay Communities
Object to Cable TV company's decision to end the delivery
of FM Radio Signals as part of their Cable TV Package.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=business
[ Comcast's FM Radio Signals Goes Silent ]
-source- SF Gate © 2008 Hearst Communications

FWIW - Most of the 40+ distinct Digital Audio Channels
that come in Cable TV and Satellite TV 'packages' are
Commercial Free and their sound quality is much better
than the FM-Stereo Radio Signals that were provided before.

I just wish that they would also carry the Big-5 Talk
Radio Networks as well.

~ RHF
Old February 21st 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Not Receiving FM Radio Stations - Try an Outside FM Antenna

On Feb 20, 6:20*pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:30*am, dave wrote:

wrote:
For years I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier my
cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception on my table top
radio. *All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception. *I tried touching
the antenna directly to the amplifier without any results. *Any
suggestions

- -
- - Do you have any FM stations nearby?
-
- One, and I receive it
-

Malibu,

Well then you know that the FM Radio does work.

If the Cable TV has stopped carrying the local FM
Radio Stations. You then have two options :
* Check-out and Listen to the Digital Music Channels
being offered by the Cable TV.
* Get an External Outside FM Radio Antenna; install it
and use it to improve your FM Radio Reception.

FM Reception Tips - Winegard Company
http://www.bext.com/winegard.htm

About TV and FM Antennas - KYES
http://www.kyes.com/antenna/antennadex.html