Old May 11th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Prague

Where can you find information on the beam in degress for each shortwave
broadcaster? So I know from where the signal is from? like if it's from
Sackville, canada giving me a number or at least how find this out. I
live in southern California a place where reception is not that good. I
have one site that at least gave the information for Radio Australia in
which from Shepparton the frequencies that were beamed around 70 degrees
seemed to work the best. I haven't tried Radio Prague but others such as
Radio Cuba, and Radio Taiwain have worked the best.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutradio.com/group/...dio.shortwave/
More information at http://www.talkaboutradio.com/faq.html

Old May 11th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.geocities.jp/binewsjp/bia08.txt

Old May 13th 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I checked that site with the frequencies in which it shows the the azimuth
but I need to be able to how to figure out the formula since I live in
Southern California. I'm not trying to just find the azimuth I want to be
able to know not just the beam in azimuth is say 70 for Radio Australia
but be able to figure out the direction the singal is being beamed so I
know which frequency is the best and not just using the numbers found
checking the frequency and figuring thats the best frequency.

Old May 13th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Klingonmastr wrote:

I checked that site with the frequencies in which it shows the the azimuth
but I need to be able to how to figure out the formula since I live in
Southern California. I'm not trying to just find the azimuth I want to be
able to know not just the beam in azimuth is say 70 for Radio Australia
but be able to figure out the direction the singal is being beamed so I
know which frequency is the best and not just using the numbers found
checking the frequency and figuring thats the best frequency.

Then you need AZMAP by Paul Burton - AA6Z. Google it.

If you need some assistance using it I'll try to help. You can set it up not only
for your location, but you can bring it up to view most anyplace on earth to get
an idea of the beam headings from that area.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 13th 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

Klingonmastr wrote:

Where can you find information on the beam in degress for each shortwave
broadcaster?

http://www.geocities.jp/binewsjp/bia08.txt

Got it Cuss, it works great!!

Thanks a lot.

Burr

Radio Prague dxAce Shortwave 3 May 10th 08 12:54 AM
Radio Prague dxAce Shortwave 0 May 9th 08 02:14 PM
QSL Radio Prague dxAce Shortwave 3 May 9th 08 12:15 PM
Radio Prague A08 SW4ever Shortwave 0 March 28th 08 07:05 PM
A04 RADIO PRAGUE N8KDV Shortwave 4 March 20th 04 02:43 AM