Old May 30th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Big 89 Rewind

clifto wrote:
dxAce wrote:
clifto wrote:
dxAce wrote:
WLS would like to invite all listeners to 890AM or WLSAM.com on Monday, May 26th
(Memorial Day) for the 2nd Annual BIG 89 REWIND radio special. ALL DAY LONG, WLS
goes retroactive...back to the days when it was the nation’s music leader, The
Rock of Chicago. Hear Chicago's most legendary DJ's LIVE from 5AM - Midnight on
Memorial Day! This will be a true historic day in Chicago radio.
They can be hard to pick up at times. They're nearly 40 miles from here.
But thanks for the heads-up, if they play the right airchecks and clips
they could make a really good day of it. I grew up on WLS.

I'm about 90-100 miles across the lake from them and they come in pretty well 24 hours
a day.

I was told years ago that their grounding system went south somewhere along
the way, and they never bothered to fix it. I used to be able to null them
out with a DX-394 in Schiller Park (by ORD) by turning the radio just the
right way.

Just another mediocre waste of electricity these days...
Old May 30th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

clifto wrote:
dxAce wrote:
clifto wrote:
dxAce wrote:
[...]

Stop whining. I listen to WLS a good part of the day.

Old May 30th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Just another mediocre waste of electricity these days...

Stop whining. I listen to WLS a good part of the day.

This explains why you hate everything wholesome and American. This
explains your bitterness and hostility. That **** is audio poison.
Old May 30th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Just another mediocre waste of electricity these days...

Stop whining. I listen to WLS a good part of the day.

This explains why you hate everything wholesome and American.

You're projecting again.

This
explains your bitterness and hostility.

Bitter? Hostile? You're projecting again.

That **** is audio poison.

Oh come on, Rush will be up in just a little more than two hours.

Old May 31st 08, 09:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
Stop whining. I listen to WLS a good part of the day.
I did until Dr. Laura "mysteriously" disappeared from the lineup about the
time the radical gay ****s protested her show. Now I do what I can to get
the programming they carry from other cities... which ain't a lot.

A couple months ago, AFN Korea dropped all the talk shows except for Sports
Overnight America. Rush, Laura, Ed Schultz, etc. They replaced everything
with All Things Considered, Morning Edition, etc. from NPR. Maybe EIB and
whoever decided they were going to start charging for their programming?

There was a huge story about this a couple of years back. The Dems in
Congress were complaining that there was too much right leaning
programming on AFN...read that: Rush was on for an hour...and that he
and the other 'right wing hate mongers' had to go. With the replacement
to be more of what NPR offers. NPR being more palatable to the left
leaning in Congress who hold the purse.

Apparently, they finally succeeded in achieving that goal.

I'll have to check the shortwave relays next week to see if Rush is still on. I
recall the push to at least get him off, seemingly in contrast to what the troops
wanted.

Old May 31st 08, 09:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
[...]

Still seems to be on the AFN Radio sked:

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/AFNRadio.aspx#9

Old May 31st 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
[...]

They're all still on the satellite (Uninterruptable Voice Channel) feed, but
not on the radio here in the ROK (can't say about Japan.. but I can imagine
they dropped all the sports/talkers there, since they have only the one
station there).

AFN-Korea didn't just drop the right wing talkers.. they dropped them ALL.
It's even hard to find Paul Harvey anymore.. he used to be on several times
a day (including "The Rest of the Story"). The AFN Korea AM feeds seem to
be mostly NPR anymore.. they've cut way back on the music stuff, too. They
used to have 5 hours of oldies in the morning, and 4 hours of country in the
afternoon, then sports, then Rush, then Ed Schultz, then Morning Edition
followed by country till morning, with an hour of news at noon followed by
Dr. Laura. I can see the AM going away completely in the not too distant
future.. I think we're the only ones even listening to it anymore.

Old May 31st 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default One-Side AFN Programming with NPR

On May 30, 10:39*pm, D Peter Maus wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
[...]

-
- * *Apparently, they finally succeeded in achieving that goal.

NPR has a decided Left-to-Moderate Voice with a True
Conserevative Vacuum. -aka- Mostly Liberal Propaganda.
-with- Car-Talk being an entertaining exception.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_Talk

So much for Fair and Balance when it comes to giving
the US Troops both sides of the Political Story from
Home.

Why Is It That : The VOA is not allowed to Broadcast
One-Sided US Government Propaganda to US Citizens.

But it would now 'appear' that AFN is allowed to use NPR
to Broadcast One-Sided US Government Propaganda to
the US Troops and their Families who also happen to be
US Citizens.

yes i said that ~ RHF
Old May 31st 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 31, 3:29*am, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message
dxAce wrote:
[...]

No Paul Harvey that's just plain un-american.
Old May 31st 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

That **** is audio poison.

Oh come on, Rush will be up in just a little more than two hours.

How does it feel to be addicted to hate and bitterness?