Old May 26th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Prague 85th anniversary QSL

Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... Frank

Old May 27th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Frank Halaburak wrote:

Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... Frank

I saw that another listener in Virginia got his on Saturday, but as it's a
holiday here and no mail delivery today I figure that I might get one tomorrow.

Old May 27th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 27 May 2008 00:21:57 UTC, dxAce wrote:

Frank Halaburak wrote:

Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... Frank

I saw that another listener in Virginia got his on Saturday, but as it's a
holiday here and no mail delivery today I figure that I might get one tomorrow.

Will be checking in Hobe Sound, FL for that special QSL this week.
Also, I am adding a "new" radio this week, an HQ-145x.
Old May 27th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Frank Halaburak wrote:

Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... Frank

Radio Prague 85th Anniversary QSL received here today though there was no extra
"goodie" enclosed. Seems as though it was stolen or merely slipped out of the
envelope which was partially slit on the end. Small plastic wrapper was sticking
out of the slit, but it was empty :-(

I also received my Rush Limbaugh 20th Anniversary T shirt today as well :-)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 27th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Frank Halaburak wrote:

Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... Frank

Radio Prague 85th Anniversary QSL received here today though there was no
extra
"goodie" enclosed. Seems as though it was stolen or merely slipped out of
the
envelope which was partially slit on the end. Small plastic wrapper was
sticking
out of the slit, but it was empty :-(

I also received my Rush Limbaugh 20th Anniversary T shirt today as well
:-)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ace, Sorry about the lost "goodie" but nice QSL though, Frank

Old May 27th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I too received my 85th anniversary QSL card.
My last QSL from Radio Prague had a schedule and
the letter opener thing enclosed, so this time I was
thrilled when I found ... a sponge.

lol, yes a sponge... dry and smashed flat to about
1/8th inch thick... one side has the Radio Praha logo
and "Come ride the airwaves" in many languages.
The other side says I will have the perfect sponge if I place
it in water. I've put it with my other souvenirs from SW
stations.

Old May 28th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 26, 3:52*pm, "Frank Halaburak"
wrote:
Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... * Frank

Your comment about waiting on the Radio Jordan QSL brought back an old
memory for me. Back in the 1980's when I finally managed to pry a QSL
out of them, the route I finally took was writing a cover letter to
King Hussein who was an amateur radio operator. Evidentally that
tactic worked because I promptly received a QSL from the station in
about a month or so. Whether he was instrumental in that or not, I'd
like to think so, hi hi.

Old May 28th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... Frank

Your comment about waiting on the Radio Jordan QSL brought back an old
memory for me. Back in the 1980's when I finally managed to pry a QSL
out of them, the route I finally took was writing a cover letter to
King Hussein who was an amateur radio operator. Evidentally that
tactic worked because I promptly received a QSL from the station in
about a month or so. Whether he was instrumental in that or not, I'd
like to think so, hi hi.

Koikus, thanks for the anecdote. Well, I can't write to the King
since he passed away in 1999. I have to keep trying I guess...........

Old May 28th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Received today with an e-mail letter opener
and sked in 8 days ! they even mention to send
a reception report and they will send a QSL !
Wow, what a great idea ! LOL, still waiting on
a Radio Jordan QSL, reports sent in Feb/05
and Oct/06............... Frank

Your comment about waiting on the Radio Jordan QSL brought back an old
memory for me. Back in the 1980's when I finally managed to pry a QSL
out of them, the route I finally took was writing a cover letter to
King Hussein who was an amateur radio operator. Evidentally that
tactic worked because I promptly received a QSL from the station in
about a month or so. Whether he was instrumental in that or not, I'd
like to think so, hi hi.

Koikus, thanks for the anecdote. Well, I can't write to the King
since he passed away in 1999. I have to keep trying I guess...........

I sent one report back in 1988, received one QSL.

Your luck may vary.

Radio Prague 85th Anniversary dxAce Shortwave 4 May 18th 08 04:03 PM
Radio Prague Klingonmastr Shortwave 4 May 13th 08 09:51 AM
Radio Prague dxAce Shortwave 3 May 10th 08 12:54 AM
Radio Prague dxAce Shortwave 0 May 9th 08 02:14 PM
QSL Radio Prague dxAce Shortwave 3 May 9th 08 12:15 PM