Old June 24th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default SWL Newbies : Hertz & kHz & MHz -versus- Shortwave Bands andWaveLengths in Meters

On Jun 23, 7:47*pm, Bob Miller wrote:
-
- I'm still trying to figure out how a cycle became a hertz.
- A cycle is a noun, or it could be a verb. Hertz was a fellah.
-
- bob
- k5qwg

Bob [K5QWG]

Stick Two Fingers in a 60 Cycle Socket

it hertz ~ RHF
Old June 24th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

RHF wrote:

- Back on Google are we?
Dave - ? We ?
Dave - Yes 'i' am using Google.
dave - however 'i' do not know
what you are 'on' ~ RHF
.
- Sometimes Pan, sometimes Thunderbird, depending
- on which machine and which partition I'm on.

I B a Dell with XPsp2 and IE7 via Google Groups
unless I have posting problems; then Thunderbird 2
seams to work as a get around.
.
Everex $199 WalMart Special running Xubuntu 8.04.
Cray XT5.

I'll bet mine's quieter.
It all liquid cooled with the fans outside so it's pretty quiet.

Can it run all day for a quarter?

I don't pay the electric bill.

Are you talking about some workplace computer? What a dick. You don't
own that. Jesus ****!
Old June 24th 08, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Miller wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how a cycle became a hertz. A cycle is
a noun, or it could be a verb. Hertz was a fellah.

bob
k5qwg

It's not "cycle". It's "cycles per second". Hertz proved the
possibility of man-made electromagnetic fields. They thought he needed
something with his name on it.
Old June 24th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:
Telamon wrote:

In article UMX7k.1013$2G6.743@edtnps83, m II wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Can it run all day for a quarter?
I don't pay the electric bill.
Wrong. We ALL pay the Electric Bill.

I don't pay that one. I don't make that much every month.

The price of power is included in everything we buy. No corporation or
business has ever paid a utility or tax bill. The customer does.

mike

It's obvious Telemon is living off the largess of the American working
stiff on some kind of welfare program.
Old June 24th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 05:56:33 -0700, Dave wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how a cycle became a hertz. A cycle is
a noun, or it could be a verb. Hertz was a fellah.

bob
k5qwg

It's not "cycle". It's "cycles per second". Hertz proved the
possibility of man-made electromagnetic fields. They thought he needed
something with his name on it.

Cycles per second are frequency, yes, but it's still made up of
individual sine wave cycles, or, um, "hertz'". Sounds funny when you
came up in the megacycle days.

bob
k5qwg

Old June 24th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Miller wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how a cycle became a hertz. A cycle is
a noun, or it could be a verb. Hertz was a fellah.

bob
k5qwg

It's not "cycle". It's "cycles per second". Hertz proved the
possibility of man-made electromagnetic fields. They thought he needed
something with his name on it.

Cycles per second are frequency, yes, but it's still made up of
individual sine wave cycles, or, um, "hertz'". Sounds funny when you
came up in the megacycle days.

bob
k5qwg

It sounded funny 40 years ago; I've since managed to adjust.
Old June 24th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Telamon wrote:

Can it run all day for a quarter?
I don't pay the electric bill.

Wrong. We ALL pay the Electric Bill.

I don't pay that one. I don't make that much every month.

- The price of power is included in everything we buy.
- No corporation or business has ever paid a utility
- or tax bill. The customer does.
-
- mike

The price of Political Power is included in everything we Buy.
No Federal, State or Local Department or Government Agency
has ever Paid a Law or Regulation. The Taxpayer Does [.]

citizens, voters and taxpayers bear the true cost of . . .
the bill for freedom and liberty ~ RHF
Old June 25th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

Can it run all day for a quarter?
I don't pay the electric bill.

Wrong. We ALL pay the Electric Bill.

I don't pay that one. I don't make that much every month.

The price of power is included in everything we buy. No corporation or
business has ever paid a utility or tax bill. The customer does.

I'll pass off that information to the people in accounting. They will be
happy not to pay the electric bill.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 25th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

citizens, voters and taxpayers bear the true cost of . . .
the bill for freedom and liberty ~ RHF
.

I want my money back. There is very little liberty and freedom is a
stupid term.
Old June 25th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

If you work for an entity that needs water cooled supercomputers most
likely there's a taxpayer subsidy involved. The middle class is being
sucked dry to keep big business afloat. Eat the rich.