Old June 24th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Satelite radio

Which do you think has cleaner reception or a better signal for the
car?? Satelite or terrestrial.?? I'm wondering if I should spend the
money to get a satelite hook-up for my car?? Anyone have any thoughts
on that?? Thanks.
Old June 24th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default XM-Sirius Satellite Radio -versus- Free Over-the-Air AM & FM Radio

On Jun 23, 7:21*pm, "
wrote:
-
- Which do you think has cleaner reception or a better signal
- for the car?? *Satelite or terrestrial.?? *

Depends on your : Location, Location Location

Major Metro Area Short Commute most likely Free
Over-the-Air FM Radio.

Sub-Urban to Urban Long Commute then Sat-Radio
may give you a more consistant and better Signal.

Travel-a-Lot and like consistant Radio Programming and
Audio Quality then Sat-Radio is a good answer.

- I'm wondering if I should spend the money to get a
- satelite hook-up for my car?? *

The add-on XPRESSEZ® Receiver is priced under $50
http://www.xmradio.com/shop/index.xmc

Check-Out : Satellite Radio Receivers with an FM Radio
Modulator for eazy Plug-and-Play Car installation using
your existing Car's AM & FM-Stereo Radio.

Here are two Examples :
* SIRIUS SV3-TK1 Stratus Plug-and-Play Satellite
Radio Receiver with Car Kit
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ISCZSE
* Delphi Roady XT XM Satellite Radio
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CN4S0S/

- Anyone have any thoughts on that??
-*Thanks.

Have an in-home XM Radio Receiver up here in a Rural
County {Twain Harte, CA} where a quality AM & FM
Radio Signal is -iffy- at times and the local AM & FM
Radio Stations are generally not to my liking.

~ RHF
Old June 25th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 24, 1:48*pm, RHF wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:21*pm, "
wrote:
-
[...]

I love my XM, for 4 years now. There are WAY TOO MANY commercials on
regular radio. I can not stomach it. AND the commercials repeat their
phone numbers over and over and over like they were mentally
retarded.

To HELL with regular terrestrial radio.

Old June 27th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jun 26, 6:36*pm, Radioguy wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:21*pm, "
wrote:

Which do you think has cleaner reception or a better signal for the
car?? *Satelite or terrestrial.?? *I'm wondering if I should spend the
money to get a satelite hook-up for my car?? *Anyone have any thoughts
on that?? *Thanks.

Cleaner reception??? *For most of us in urban or suburban areas the
signal clarity between satellite and regular FM radio would be a toss
up. *In marginal signal areas satellite will give a better signal.

- For most of us the real question is whether having
- hundreds more radio stations to listen to for possibly
- an hour or two a day is worth the price.
-*
- The radio dial in most larger localities is full of stations
- so it would seem like there are plenty of free choices.

RadioGuy,

Down in the SF Bay Area I had 47 Commercial
FM Radio Stations plus another 18 Educational
FM Radio Stations. The AM/MW Radio Band
had 32 Radio Stations. Always fround some
thing Interesting or Enjoyable to Listen too on
the Radio.

However up here near Sonora, CA we only have
three 'local' Radio Stations One AM/MW and Two
FM; and the AM/MW does not make it up here
at night on a 'standard' AM & FM Radio.

And It was All Free Over-the-Air AM & FM Radio
be it Analog or Digital. No SatRadio Month Fees
required to simply Listen to the Radio.

radio it ought to be good and it ought to be free ~ RHF
Old June 27th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Radioguy wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:21 pm, "
wrote:
Which do you think has cleaner reception or a better signal for the
car?? Satelite or terrestrial.?? I'm wondering if I should spend the
money to get a satelite hook-up for my car?? Anyone have any thoughts
on that?? Thanks.

Cleaner reception??? For most of us in urban or suburban areas the
signal clarity between satellite and regular FM radio would be a toss
up. In marginal signal areas satellite will give a better signal.

For most of us the real question is whether having hundreds more radio
stations to listen to for possibly an hour or two a day is worth the
price. The radio dial in most larger localities is full of stations
so it would seem like there are plenty of free choices.

Music without commercials is nice, as is the BBC World Service.
Old June 29th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

*.

Yes, I would well imagine that radio reception up in the gold country
is not as plentiful as in the San Joaquin Valley let alone the Bay
area. Satellite could certainly be an option if more channels were
desired.