Old July 12th 08, 09:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default On-the-Radio : The Picken's Plan - How We Can Reduce Our Dependenceon Foreign Oil ?

Heard about it for the first time today 11 July 2008 while
Listening to the AM Talking Radio : The Picken's Plan
http://www.pickensplan.com/

How We Can Reduce Our Dependence on Foreign Oil ?
http://www.pickensplan.com/about/

About - T. Boone Pickens, Jr.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boone_Pickens,_Jr.

The Pickens Plan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickens_Plan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boon...e_Pickens_Plan

yes - i heard it on the radio ~ RHF
Old July 12th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 12, 1:25*am, RHF wrote:
-
- Heard about it for the first time today 11 July 2008 while
- Listening to the AM Talking Radio : The Picken's Plan
- http://www.pickensplan.com/
-
- How We Can Reduce Our Dependence on Foreign Oil ?
- http://www.pickensplan.com/about/
-
- About - T. Boone Pickens, Jr.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boone_Pickens,_Jr.
-
- The Pickens Plan
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickens_Plan
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boon...e_Pickens_Plan
-
- yes - i heard it on the radio ~ RHF
- *.

Dave -asks- So you agree that more drilling won't help ?

RHF Replies : Dave - No !

More Drilling in the USofA ia Helping Every Day and
in US States like North Dakota : New Oil Wells are
Creating New Millionaires right here in the US
-versus- Enriching the Saudis and Funding Al Qaeda
and the Islam-O-Fascist Terrorists.

CONCEPTS :
* U.S. Energy Independence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Energy_Independence
* Set America Free Coalition
http://www.setamericafree.org/
* North American Energy Independence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Independence
Mexico & Canada & The USofA producing their own Energy

DOING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE :

1a - Drill for Today's Needs right here in the USA
1b - Better Cafa Standards for American Cars and Trucks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora...e_Fuel_Economy

2 - The Pickens Plan for the new Sources of Energy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickens_Plan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Boon...e_Pickens_Plan

3 - Clean Coal Technology & Coal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_coal_technology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal#World_coal_reserves

4 - Expanded Hydro & Solar & Wind Power Generation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydro_power
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Power
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Power

5 - The Hybrid Car and Alternative Fuels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_car
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_fuels

6 - Fuel Cell Technology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell

7 - Improved Nation Wide Rail Transportion System
for Freight and Passengers
http://www.aar.org/PubCommon/Documen...y/Overview.pdf

8 . . . and a lot more tbd ~ RHF
Old July 12th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

RHF Replies : Dave - No !

More Drilling in the USofA ia Helping Every Day and
in US States like North Dakota : New Oil Wells are
Creating New Millionaires right here in the US
-versus- Enriching the Saudis and Funding Al Qaeda
and the Islam-O-Fascist Terrorists.

WTF is an "Islam-O-Fascist"?

Conservation is the only way to quickly reduce prices. Period.
Old July 12th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 12, 10:14*am, Dave wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- -
- - RHF Replies : Dave - No !
- - More Drilling in the USofA ia Helping Every Day and
- - in US States like North Dakota : New Oil Wells are
- - Creating New Millionaires right here in the US
- - versus- Enriching the Saudis and Funding Al Qaeda
- - and the Islam-O-Fascist Terrorists.

- WTF is an "Islam-O-Fascist"?

-wrt- Islamofascism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamofascism

- Conservation is the only way to quickly reduce prices.
-*Period.

Dave - 'Increased Supply' and 'Reduced Demand'
is the only way to permanently Reduce Prices [.]

The one thing that personal 'conservation' does is to
Reduce your overall Personal {out-fo-pocket} Cost to
You in the Short Term.

OLD - You Driving 600 Miles @ 20MPG and using 30 Gallons
of Gas a Week @ $4.00 per Gallon with a Total Weekly Cost
of $120 for Gas.

NEW - You Driving 450 Miles @ 20MPG and using 22.5 Gallons
of Gas a Week @ $4.00 per Gallon with a Total Weekly Cost
of $90 for Gas.

RESULT - Your personal Reduction of 150 Miles Driven
by 25% results in a Personal Cost Savings of 25% ~$30
per Week.

The ONLY WAY Conservation Works : Is When It Is Done
Equally By All : That Takes Some Form of Mandatory
Restrictions {Rationing} on Gas Use Age for All Drivers.
* Mandatory Car Pooling : Four Occupants per Vehicle
is a Toll Free Ride.
* Federal Surcharges of $3~$5 for Single Occupant
Vehicles using Toll Roads and Bridges.
* Double the Traffic Fines for Single Occupant Vehicles.
* Alternative Odd-Even Gas Fill-Up Days
* 15 Gallon Limit on Fill-Ups
* No High School Students Driving to School
{Close High School Student Parking Lots}
* Uniform Annual Federal CAFE Standards Tax
on All Cars and Trucks collected by the States
as part of the Annual Vehicle Registration.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora...e_Fuel_Economy
40 MPG and above Tax Free and an Annual Tax
of $10 per MPG below 40 MPG
-Examples-
25 MPG Car ~ $150
15 MPG SUV ~ $250

-Note- Big Rig {Tractor & Trailer} Freight Exception
for all the above.

dave - ok that's it for now - cause . . .
i am running out of gas ;-} ~ RHF
Old July 13th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jul 12, 10:14 am, Dave wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- -
[...]

You are wrong. Raising prices forces conservation just as well as
some stupid rule.

Conservation does not result in independence.

There is not enough oil in the USA to make us "independent". Let the
Chinese have the muck, we can go virtually all-electric (including cars)
within a decade. Now would be a good time, as the economy's in the
****ter anyway.

Old July 13th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jul 12, 10:14 am, Dave wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- -
[...]

There is more oil just off shore of the US than all of OPEC combined.
Off California it's being pushed through the silt on the ocean floor and
floating to the surface at Oily Point...named by the native Indians more
than 400 years ago.

There is so much very old petroleum under the Gulf it's pushing
through the silt and pooling on the Gulf floor.

Off Florida, there is more oil under the ocean floor that the Chinese
are setting up outside of our territorial waters to begin drilling in a
single deposit that our own facilities can access just a few miles offshore.

Yes, we have the oil.

As for electric cars...a great idea that's already seeing resistance
in several states. Wisconsin has banned them in 12 counties. With more
counties on the way. And several states are looking at placing enormous
restrictions on their us. California is one of them. Illinois is
another. Not just the NEV's that are starting to hit the market, but
electrics in general.

Why? To protect the tax stream. Wisconsin is the state that tells gas
station owners what they must charge for a gallon of gasoline, and
blocks discount promotions because the lower price reduces tax collection.

Conservation will not put a single gallon of gas on the market at a
lower price. Nor will it reduce demand, prices, or shortages.

Electric is definitely the way to go. I have no problem agreeing
there. Tesla has proven the technology exists to make a practical, if
expensive, electric car with good performance. But politics in these
matters are another matter.

As long as politicians have a say, electric cars are going to remain
the stuff of dreams. Get them out of the way, and a lot of things can
change.

Old July 13th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jul 12, 10:14 am, Dave wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- -
[...]

Whereas resource exploitation increases dependence.

Old July 13th 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Barnard wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jul 12, 10:14 am, Dave wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- -
[...]

Not if you own the resource.

Old July 13th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 12, 1:14*pm, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:

RHF Replies : Dave - No !

More Drilling in the USofA ia Helping Every Day and
in US States like North Dakota : New Oil Wells are
Creating New Millionaires right here in the US
-versus- Enriching the Saudis and Funding Al Qaeda
and the Islam-O-Fascist Terrorists.

WTF is an "Islam-O-Fascist"?

Conservation is the only way to quickly reduce prices. *Period.

Agree.. Don't Drive if you don't have to.

ride a friggin bike fer crist sake,

Buy 2700 K Compact Florescent Bulbe

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...99.html?page=6

- and immediatly Drill Off shore..

tow a rig out there, stick a pipe down

up comes Gasoline

( & Then Exxon Sells it to The Highest Bidder )

Old July 13th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

Conservation does not result in independence.

Whereas resource exploitation increases dependence.

Not if you own the resource.

What about CO2? What about the air? It's like we're squeezing our eyes
shut and flooring it...