Old July 14th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bush/Congress Genuflect and Obey Their Corporate Masters Again Followup....

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 16:35:04 -0700 (PDT), RHF
wrote:

On Jul 13, 1:09*pm, Bob Miller wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:56:02 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:42:44 GMT, D Peter Maus
wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Billy Burpelson wrote:
Tex wrote:

Why let a "god damn piece of paper" like the U.S. Constitution...

Was this actually said by Bush? Direct quote? If so, references please.

* This has been debunked.

It has not been debunked. *It comes from a credible reporter with
solid inside connections. *He works at a reputable organization who
would withdraw it if it had been "debunked".

* Then where is the specific reference? There is none.

* Name the reporter. Name the organization. I've been hearing this
statement for a number of years, now, but never where it actually came
from. I've not found any specific cite, reference, attribution, or even
quotation.

* The only thing I've found is an article by Doug Thompson, in which he
claims that he's spoken with people who were in the room when this was
supposed to have been said.

* Trouble is, that the number of persons he spoke to that day has become
variable: Two, then three, then two, then possibly four....

* But no one else has reported it, except a few articles referring to
Thompson. And there are no direct attributions. What he's not done is
quoted anyone. This becomes, then, hearsay. And by its own content,
questionable.

* Snopes.com had debunked this, and had an article posted on the site I
*remember reading as late as two months ago. Looking for it this
morning, I found no reference to it at all. No surprise there.
Politically speaking, Snopes has been inconsistent in its objectivity at
best.

* As it stands, it's a gratuitous assertion. A gratuitous assertion
that's been debunked. Also by those with solid inside connections.

* As for retractions....well, I'll counter that with the name of Dan
Rather, who, when faced with hard evidence that his anti-Bush documents
were fakes, apologized, but insisted that the content of the faked
documents was true.

* Capitol Hill Blue is the website for which Doug Thompson writes. A
reasonably credible news site at one time, until the owner of the site
admitted that his most used and most credible source Terrence J.
Wilkinson was a fake.

* Google CapitolHillBlue+ Terrence J. Wilkinson to see for yourself.

* The story has been debunked.

Well, regardless of what Cheny said or did not say, the Bush
administration's actions are often at odds with the U.S. constitution,
the Geneva agreements against torture, and international law in
general.

Bob, you really need to go and read the 'Geneva Agreements' before you shoot your
mouth off!

- I have. I guess you'd prefer Alberto Gonzales' "improvements"
- to GCIII?
- On on the U.S. Constitution, you'd take your interpretation
- from folks like John Yoo & David Addington?
-
- Have a good one...
-
- bob

Alberto Gonzales was an 'improvement' over JaNut Reno [.]

Funny, he can't seem to get a job in the private sector.

bob
Old July 14th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bush/Congress Genuflect and Obey Their Corporate Masters Again

dxAce wrote:

Dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:
Dave wrote:

dxAce wrote:

I'm sure the parents of the 4100 dead American kids and the relatives of
the tens of thousands innocent dead Iraqis share in your laughter at the
unprovoked, bogus 'war'.
Billy, Saddam started the war. We along with others are merely finishing what he
started.

That's a new one.
New? Guess you weren't around when Saddam invaded Kuwait or for Gulf War I...

Were you locked up, out of touch, or just so damn stoned that you can't remember, oh
addled one?

If you'd have said he was threatening to lower the price of oil I would
have agreed. You are so far out of the loop it ain't even funny (well,
yes it is). Look up 2 names: April Glaspie and Operation Ajax. Then
tell me again; who started it?

Saddam.

Saddam was one of our operatives. Like Noriega. Like Ho Chi Minh.
Like Osama.