Old July 12th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bush/Congress Genuflect and Obey Their Corporate Masters Again

Tex wrote:

Why let a "god damn piece of paper" like the U.S. Constitution...

Billy Burpelson wrote:

Was this actually said by Bush? Direct quote? If so, references
please. The reason I ask is, if true, it seems an astoundingly
impolitic statement to be made by a sitting president.

D Peter Maus wrote:

No more so than the taking of the Lord's name in vain by a devout
Christian.

First, over the last 7 1/2 years of his administration, numerous news
sources have had numerous news articles about W's profanity laced
tirades and outbursts. Are you contending all of those news stories are
fake?

Finally, it's interesting that you think a "devout Christian" would not
use vulgarity while apparently it does not bother or concern you that
this "devout Christian" lied us into a bogus war* that has taken
thousands of innocent lives.

* Please review the blue-ribbon, BI-PARTISAN Congressional panel that
has stated the same.

Old July 12th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Bush/Congress Genuflect and Obey Their Corporate Masters AgainFollowup....

D Peter Maus wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Billy Burpelson wrote:
Tex wrote:

Why let a "god damn piece of paper" like the U.S. Constitution...

Was this actually said by Bush? Direct quote? If so, references
please.

This has been debunked.

It has not been debunked. It comes from a credible reporter with
solid inside connections. He works at a reputable organization who
would withdraw it if it had been "debunked".

Then where is the specific reference? There is none.

Name the reporter. Name the organization. I've been hearing this
statement for a number of years, now, but never where it actually came
from. I've not found any specific cite, reference, attribution, or
even quotation.

The only thing I've found is an article by Doug Thompson, in which
he claims that he's spoken with people who were in the room when this
was supposed to have been said.

Trouble is, that the number of persons he spoke to that day has
become variable: Two, then three, then two, then possibly four....

But no one else has reported it, except a few articles referring to
Thompson. And there are no direct attributions. What he's not done is
quoted anyone. This becomes, then, hearsay. And by its own content,
questionable.

Snopes.com had debunked this, and had an article posted on the site
I remember reading as late as two months ago. Looking for it this
morning, I found no reference to it at all. No surprise there.
Politically speaking, Snopes has been inconsistent in its objectivity
at best.

As it stands, it's a gratuitous assertion. A gratuitous assertion
that's been debunked. Also by those with solid inside connections.

As for retractions....well, I'll counter that with the name of Dan
Rather, who, when faced with hard evidence that his anti-Bush
documents were fakes, apologized, but insisted that the content of the
faked documents was true.

Capitol Hill Blue is the website for which Doug Thompson writes. A
reasonably credible news site at one time, until the owner of the site
admitted that his most used and most credible source Terrence J.
Wilkinson was a fake.

Google CapitolHillBlue+ Terrence J. Wilkinson to see for yourself.

The story has been debunked.

Neither bunked nor debunked. Why no official denial?
Old July 12th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dave wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Billy Burpelson wrote:
Tex wrote:

[...]

Good point. The primary source is fictional. Therefore the story may
be true.

Why no official denial?

For the same reasons there's never an official denial.

Old July 12th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Dave wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:
Billy Burpelson wrote:
Tex wrote:

[...]

Apparently to keep drug addled people like you in a tizzy.

You are a stupid off topic idiot.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old July 12th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D Peter Maus wrote:

No more so than the taking of the Lord's name in vain by a devout
Christian.

First, over the last 7 1/2 years of his administration, numerous news
sources have had numerous news articles about W's profanity laced
tirades and outbursts. Are you contending all of those news stories are
fake?

SNIP

Where do you get this stuff? In the tabloids?

I have never heard of this on domestic radio, SW, or numerous news
sources on the Internet.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 12th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Billy Burpelson wrote:
Tex wrote:

Why let a "god damn piece of paper" like the U.S. Constitution...

Was this actually said by Bush? Direct quote? If so, references please.

The reason I ask is, if true, it seems an astoundingly impolitic
statement to be made by a sitting president.

Here are some more impolitic quotes from the shrubbery:

"Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter" G8 summit in Tokyo, Japan

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we." Washington, D.C.; August 5, 2004

"Do you have blacks, too?" To Brazilian President, Henrique Cardoso;
Washington, D.C.; November 8, 2001

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over
and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the
propaganda." Greece, New York; May 24, 2005

"I was going to say he's a piece of work, but that might not translate
too well. Is that all right, if I call you a 'piece of work'?" To
Jean-Claude Juncker, Prime Minister of Luxembourg; Washington, D.C.;
June 20, 2005

"As you can possibly see, I have an injury myself - not even here at the
hospital, but in combat with a cedar. I eventually won. The cedar gave
me a little scratch." After visiting with wounded veterans from the
Amputee Care Center of Brooke Army Medical Center; San Antonio, Texas;
January 1, 2006

JB
Old July 13th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Neither bunked nor debunked. Why no official denial?

Apparently to keep drug addled people like you in a tizzy.

You are a stupid off topic idiot.

I didn't start it, so we both have equal culpability.

You start plenty and you keep it going. Put a sock in it as you just
continue to look more retarded with every post.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 13th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:

D Peter Maus wrote:

No more so than the taking of the Lord's name in vain by a devout
Christian.
First, over the last 7 1/2 years of his administration, numerous news
sources have had numerous news articles about W's profanity laced
tirades and outbursts. Are you contending all of those news stories are
fake?

SNIP

Where do you get this stuff? In the tabloids?

I have never heard of this on domestic radio, SW, or numerous news
sources on the Internet.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/bushcuss.asp

So what Mr. Drug addled.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 13th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Billy Burpelson wrote:

Dave wrote:

Why no official denial?

D Peter Maus wrote:

For the same reasons there's never an official denial.

And that reason would be??? Please, do tell the rest of the story.

We're still waiting to hear the official government explanation of why
Guckert/Gannon (the male prostitute) had free reign at the White House.

As usual Billy you are clueless.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California