Old August 6th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Used Radio Choices?

Both are great radios. It depends on whether you want a portable (the 700)
or a desktop (the 800).

People will warn you about quality control problems on the 800, and that was
true for the first generation. Look for a second-generation 800 with a
serial number beginning with S82 or greater. No problems with anything made
after that.

If I had to keep only one of the two, it would be the 800.

Jeff

wrote in message
Hi,
I am comparing two radios: a Grundig Satillite 700 or a Grundig
Satillite 800. Assuming both are in good shape which is the better
choice?
Thank you,
Mike

Old August 6th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

Hi,
I am comparing two radios: a Grundig Satillite 700 or a Grundig
Satillite 800. Assuming both are in good shape which is the better
choice?
Thank you,
Mike

Hi,
Thank you for all the good replies. I got an Eton E-1 from
Universal.
Mike McM.
Old August 6th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Good choice! Quality control is a little weak, but, if you got a good
one, you won't be sorry. I've had an E1XM for over a year now, and
it's the best portable I've ever seen. Don't forget to join the E1
Yahoo Group.

Mike
Louisville, KY

wrote in message

Hi,
�I am comparing two radios: a Grundig Satillite 700 or a Grundig
Satillite 800. �Assuming both are in good �shape which is the better
choice?
Thank you,
Mike

Hi,
� Thank you for all the good replies. �I got an Eton E-1 from
Universal.
Mike McM.- Hide quoted text -

Old August 8th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 5:41 am, wrote:
Hi,
I am comparing two radios: a Grundig Satillite 700 or a Grundig
Satillite 800. Assuming both are in good shape which is the better
choice?
Thank you,
Mike

Hello,
Universal is selling the Eton E-1 at a good price so I settled on
that instead of the above. Thanks for all the advice.
Mike McM.
Old August 9th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 3, 5:41 am, wrote:
Hi,
I am comparing two radios: a Grundig Satillite 700 or a Grundig
Satillite 800. Assuming both are in good shape which is the better
choice?
Thank you,
Mike

OK,
I did finally make a choice. I got a Eton E1 new from Universal
Radio. Universal bench tests the new ones before they ship them.
Thank you for the replies.
Mike McManus