Old September 6th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default MW DX'ing

Hi Michael,

Great DX is being heard this week in the Pacific Northwest, too. The
trans-Pacific Asians such as the NHK1 Japan and CNR China outlets have been
coming in at great strength around local sunrise. My friend Walt Salmaniw of
Victoria BC has been vacationing at his home on the north tip of the Queen
Charlotte Islands, and has been making quite a haul of MW DX.

One of Walt's nicest catches this week was RRI Jakarta, Indonesia on 999 kHz
with a clear ID. We heard this outlet a few years ago at the Grayland, WA
DXpedition site, but not in recent years.

Perhaps our improved conditions are directly related to the slow start of
solar cycle 24:
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...tegory=Science

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA USA
www.perseus-sdr.blogspot.com

"Michael" wrote in message
Havent seen conditions for MW this good in a long time. WBT 1110 in
Charlotte NC & WTAM in Cleveland are usually good here, but tonight they
sound like locals. 760 WJR in Detroit is amazingly clear and regular
just so long as you use SSB. For the first time, I'm hearing 870 WWL in
New Orleans. I can copy it with LSB only. Very sloppy but I got the
station ID above the clutter. That is a first for me.

Michael

North NJ
R75
Inverted L

MW DX'ing [email protected] Shortwave 26 September 11th 08 04:12 AM
MW DX'ing BCBlazysusan Shortwave 1 September 6th 08 10:39 AM
MW DX'ing KaitoWRX911 Shortwave 0 September 6th 08 06:16 AM
Back to BCB DX'ing [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 24th 05 12:02 AM
DX'ing conditions bad all over ??? Michael Shortwave 11 August 28th 03 03:02 AM