Old September 21st 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default MW DX'ing with Portables/Boatanchors

On Sep 20, 10:09*pm, "Count Floyd"
Hi John,
Were you using one of your famous beverage antennas to make those
catches or your home setup? *I am finding that the expanded AM band is
providing some pretty good DX, not to populated yet and the signals
come in clearly.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Bob,
Yes, I was using a 1200 footer pointed inland overland to NY state
from our fabulous DXpedition site at Jongensgat on the sea (near the
town of Stilbaai).
The full report will be posted on dxing.info in a couple of weeks and
I will notify this group.

I did get KVNS Brownsville and QSL'd it from home using my DX1 antenna
a couple of years ago = very rare from home!

The Kiwa MW Loop also did sterling work in getting Europe, like
Strasbourg France and Orfordness UK.

The difficulty of getting the U.S. from South Africa is that the
thousands of Brazilian MW stations tend to blot out the U.S. and you
can't null them out because they are more or less on the same path.

Have fun and good DX

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

MW DX'ing [email protected] Shortwave 26 September 11th 08 04:12 AM
MW DX'ing Guy Atkins Shortwave 0 September 6th 08 05:42 PM
MW DX'ing BCBlazysusan Shortwave 1 September 6th 08 10:39 AM
MW DX'ing KaitoWRX911 Shortwave 0 September 6th 08 06:16 AM
DX'ing with a Jwin JX -M14 Diverd4777 Shortwave 2 July 6th 04 06:50 PM