Old November 25th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Can't wait for ibiquitys inflated Christmas sales figures this year!!

In article
,
Rfburns wrote:

On Nov 24, 8:37 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Nov 23, 12:35 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Nov 22, 7:27 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

Rfburns wrote:
On Nov 22, 7:07 pm, wrote:
On Nov 22, 4:41 pm, Telamon

wrote:

The last time I looked a few months ago there was still
no news of HD integrated chips on the web sites of the
semiconductor manufactures that made press releases to
that effect. All I can find are press releases that claim
future development. I can not find any progress on those
developments so as far as I know they are all vaporware.

No new HD integrated chips = no new low power designed
radios.

If anyone has a link to samples, actual production, or
data sheets of HD integrated chips please post a link to
them.

SiPort SP1010
chiphttp://www.eetimes.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=21010
2036

But, it looks like the electric chair for Mr.
RFBurns:http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_11027673

I understand that SiPort test engineer Jing Hua Wu flipped
out when told to work on HD radio chips. To quote him - "HD
radio is junk technology. It's a worthless endeavor and I
won't do it." The he got a gun and the rest is history.

Can't blame him for not wanting to do it myself.

The news links you are posting are secure. I can't get to it.

The short story is a test engineer at SiPort killed 3 other employees:
CEO, operations manager, and HR. The reality is the project can go
forward without these people. No flames please. I know the chip
business. This doesn't kill the project presuming the money still
flows.

I worked in one chip company where a designer got hit by a car and
pretty much that killed the design due to temporary amnesia. He
recovered nicely though.

Why would anyone flame this news? This is terrible. Do you know why the
test engineer went berserk? I can't believe the reason stated. If it was
me I would just quit and work somewhere else. I have actually done this
in the past so it's not just words.

The flame comes from pointing out that the CEO, HR, and operations
person are not really needed. [Hey, I'm sorry they died, but the
product will live.] In most technology companies, the brass doesn't
understand the technology, at least in anything but the most cursory
simplistic level. However, they don't have to understand what is
happening. If you don't produce something that works, you get fired.

One of the chip companies I worked at had a revision nomenclature that
went A B C F I R E D. If you don't get it working by the D rev, you
are history. Most chips need at least one rev, maybe two. I don't
believe I did anything that required three revs.

I can get to the story at EE Times.

http://www.zimbio.com/pilot?ID=xplkM...ooting/news&UR
L=http%3A%2F%2Feetimes.com%2Fnews%2Flatest%2FshowA rticle.jhtml%3Bjsession
id%3D%3FarticleID%3D212100913

The test engineer that did the shooting was laid off or fired and came
back later that day for a meeting with the CEO, a VP, and the head of
HR. They were probably going over his termination compensation package.
He killed them at that meeting and not because he was told to work on HD
chips.

http://www.zimbio.com/pilot?ID=Hpv-N...ooting/news&UR
L=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mercurynews.com%2Fci_11027673%3 Fsource%3Dmost_viewed

No - Trust me on this. The poor soul flipped out because of HD
radio. Really!

People were killed here, that's not funny.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old November 25th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Nov 25, 1:13 am, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

Rfburns wrote:
On Nov 24, 8:37 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Nov 23, 12:35 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
On Nov 22, 7:27 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

Rfburns wrote:
On Nov 22, 7:07 pm, wrote:
On Nov 22, 4:41 pm, Telamon

wrote:

[...]

No, REALLY! HD radio did it. He hated it so much he bought a gun and
went berserk. You gotta trust me on this. I wouldn't lie to you.