Old December 15th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Pirate - 6925

dxAce wrote:

Channel Z Radio, 6925, 1515, Christmas music.

I received an email from "Z" indicating that he was using a homebrewed 20
watt Commando transmitter:

http://www.geocities.com/thecorsairtx3/czcom.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 15th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I think he was on also at around 2030utc 12/13 playing Christmas
music... I thought it was Radio "sea" something but the voice was all
but unlistenable and I didn't hook up my voice recorder to it until it
was too late.. Mentioned something about his email address also but
too weak to make out.

It was real weak here in South Carolina, maybe if I had a better
radio, it would be a tad more listenable. Listened for about 20
minutes until the signal totally disappeared behind noise around
2050utc. It was 6925 AM mode. (times approximate). Since I didn't hear
the transmission out clear enough, I can't confirm the reception of
the pirate program.
Old December 16th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 15, 3:03*am, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
Channel Z Radio, 6925, 1515, Christmas music.

I received an email from "Z" indicating that he was using a homebrewed 20
watt Commando transmitter:

http://www.geocities.com/thecorsairtx3/czcom.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

20 Watts !

DX Ace any idea where he is Transmitting from . . .
Old December 16th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 15, 9:06*pm, RHF wrote:

DX Ace any idea where he is Transmitting from . . .

http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Channel_Z_Radio

According to that wiki article, Channel Z used a Blue Ridge Summit, PA
mailing address - which is right at the Maryland/PA line about 5 miles
east of Waynesboro, PA. I've actually been in that post office before
while hiking along that part of the Appalachian Trail that goes right
near it.

Old December 18th 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

SC Dxing wrote:

On Dec 15, 9:06 pm, RHF wrote:

DX Ace any idea where he is Transmitting from . . .

http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Channel_Z_Radio

According to that wiki article, Channel Z used a Blue Ridge Summit, PA
mailing address - which is right at the Maryland/PA line about 5 miles
east of Waynesboro, PA. I've actually been in that post office before
while hiking along that part of the Appalachian Trail that goes right
near it.

Blue Ridge Summit is merely a maildrop. A lot of pirates use or have used it.
Reports get picked up and then are forwarded to the priate station.

A middleman.

FWIW my postal reply from Channel Z was postmarked Amarillo, TX.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 18th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

SC Dxing wrote:

On Dec 18, 6:27 am, dxAce wrote:tion.

A middleman.

FWIW my postal reply from Channel Z was postmarked Amarillo, TX.

I guess a way for them to cover their tracks.... Question, does the
FCC really care about shutting down pirates??

Every now and then one of them gets busted.

I remember when I lived
in England from 84 and 85, there were always several pirates
broadcasting music right off the shores of the UK just out of their
reach..... Radio Caroline comes to mind.

Just reading through FCC complaints online, they seem to really try to
crack down on pirate FM stations out of NYC. Must be big money
stations complaining about them.

Happy listening....

Old December 18th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am an old Cowhand, from the Rio Grande,,,,,,, milking my Cow with my
old Cowhand,,,,,
cuhulin

Pirate - 6925 dxAce Shortwave 0 October 20th 06 09:44 PM
Pirate - 6925 dxAce Shortwave 0 October 20th 06 08:42 PM
Pirate-6925 dxAce Shortwave 0 January 27th 06 11:02 PM
Pirate 6925 usb dxAce Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 04:52 PM
Pirate 6925 dxAce Shortwave 0 November 20th 04 09:36 PM