Old May 14th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Tiny $30 radio.

The barebones Grundig M400 has been available about a week at
Universal Radio. Next time I order something I might pick one up for a
test.
Old May 14th 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Buy a Tiny Tenna for it and you just might pick up something.
cuhulin

Old May 16th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

For a really tiny radio (AM band only) the vintage Standard Micronic
Ruby's are about 1/8th the size of cigarette pack.

My SR H436 outperforms all other shirt pocket transistors I've used (a
lot), and runs cheaper than those that use those modern 9volt types,
thank to Wumpus:

http://www.oldradioworld.de/srh436.htm

(Using modern hearing aid batteries, instead of expensive vintage
sizes).

That outer cardboard wrapper is completely unnecessary.

Just stack two naked (size 675) hearing aid batteries and a brass
(size 6-32) bolt/washers/nut spacer wrapped with a cardboard tube (or
duct tape instead any cardboard at all), to make the permanent spacer
wider so it won't roll around.

Ruby's look cool!

Old May 17th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Oh Ruuuuuuubyyyy,,, don't take your Guns to townnnn,,,,,,
cuhulin

Old May 17th 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 13, 9:02*pm, wrote:
Buy a Tiny Tenna for it and you just might pick up something.
cuhulin

Now that did make me laugh. Many epic threads over that antenna, not
the radio. Mr. Lauterbach (I think I spelled his name right) actually
sent me some literature on that antenna and some of his other products
years ago.

Actually, for some reason, I don't remember why....he sent me an
antenna, which I appreciated. Still have it, it's mounted underneath
my deck and served me well for my radio in the living room. He had/has
many nice (IMO) antenna configurations housed into either reels or
some other setup. I wonder if he's still in business? I forget the
name of his company.

Old May 17th 09, 11:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On May 13, 9:02 pm, wrote:
Buy a Tiny Tenna for it and you just might pick up something.
cuhulin

Now that did make me laugh. Many epic threads over that antenna, not
the radio. Mr. Lauterbach (I think I spelled his name right) actually
sent me some literature on that antenna and some of his other products
years ago.

Actually, for some reason, I don't remember why....he sent me an
antenna, which I appreciated. Still have it, it's mounted underneath
my deck and served me well for my radio in the living room. He had/has
many nice (IMO) antenna configurations housed into either reels or
some other setup. I wonder if he's still in business? I forget the
name of his company.

http://www.hamradiofun.com/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 17th 09, 11:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 16, 6:21*pm, wrote:
For a really tiny radio (AM band only) the vintage Standard Micronic
Ruby's are about 1/8th the size of cigarette pack.

My SR H436 outperforms all other shirt pocket transistors I've used (a
lot), and runs cheaper than those that use those modern 9volt types,
thank to Wumpus:

http://www.oldradioworld.de/srh436.htm

(Using modern hearing aid batteries, instead of expensive vintage
sizes).

That outer cardboard wrapper is completely unnecessary.

Just stack two naked (size 675) hearing aid batteries and a brass
(size 6-32) bolt/washers/nut spacer wrapped with a cardboard tube (or
duct tape instead any cardboard at all), to make the permanent spacer
wider so it won't roll around.

Ruby's look cool!

That is one good looking transistor, somewhat reminds me of a
transisitor radio that I gave to a good friend. Is it selective? Not
sensitive, but selective? Audio?

Vesco (or Wesco?) smiles at miles - Do you have any information on this tiny radio? Subminiature Tubes Rock! Shortwave 0 April 29th 05 02:31 PM
Radio New Zealand and Tiny Tim uncle arnie Shortwave 12 March 24th 05 11:31 PM
Tiny 2 & FT290R carlrtaylor2 Digital 3 March 24th 05 03:41 AM
Grundig's new tiny wind up radio. .. FR 200 Christian Koch Shortwave 0 November 1st 03 10:26 AM
Need tiny 10k potentiometer Bob Swap 0 August 20th 03 06:25 AM