Old June 1st 09, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default antenna jack on ICF-7600GR

The antenna jack on this radio outputs 5 volts, I'd like to use it with my AM BCB Loop, does anyone no the proper size cap to filter out the DC but allow the rf to pass clean?

TNX

Old June 1st 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Jim" wrote:

The antenna jack on this radio outputs 5 volts, I'd like to use it with my AM
BCB Loop, does anyone no the proper size cap to filter out the DC but allow
the rf to pass clean?

0.1 uF should work OK.

500K @ 0.1 uF is about 3 ohms

http://www.kusashi.com/reactance-c.php

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 1st 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You could use pretty much anything over .001 uf and it would do just fine.