Old June 1st 09, 11:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default You DXers on the east coast listen

Air France passenger jet vanishes from radar
A French passenger aircraft carrying 228 people has disappeared from radar
off the coast of Brazil, airline officials say. full story

--
Burr
Big, Lean, Mean and Clean

Old June 1st 09, 12:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 1, 6:17*am, "Just Plain Burr" wrote:
Air France passenger jet vanishes from radar
A French passenger aircraft carrying 228 people has disappeared from radar
off the coast of Brazil, airline officials say. full story

Indeed, you beat me to it. Air France jetliner leaving Rio to Paris
"literally" (according to news) dissapeared over the Atlantic Ocean
and like you said, "at least" 228 passengers on board.

Not a good thing, one of the people interviewed said this was
"extremely" out of the norm for a jetliner in that particular area to
simply cease to exist. Very strange, lets hope everything turns out
well for the passengers and crew.
Old June 1st 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Just Plain Burr wrote:
Air France passenger jet vanishes from radar
A French passenger aircraft carrying 228 people has disappeared from radar
off the coast of Brazil, airline officials say. full story

What? Plastic airplanes don't do well in thunderstorms? Get out.
Old June 1st 09, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
m...
Just Plain Burr wrote:
Air France passenger jet vanishes from radar
A French passenger aircraft carrying 228 people has disappeared from
radar off the coast of Brazil, airline officials say. full story

What? Plastic airplanes don't do well in thunderstorms? Get out.

It's an Airbus 330, made of conventional materials.

Old June 1st 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I read something about that missing jet this morning at about 7:00 AM
soon as I turned on my WebTV box.

Missing French jet hit thunderstorms over Atlantic.
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=265707

What does cgi mean?
cuhulin

Old June 1st 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
m...
Just Plain Burr wrote:
Air France passenger jet vanishes from radar
A French passenger aircraft carrying 228 people has disappeared from
radar off the coast of Brazil, airline officials say. full story

What? Plastic airplanes don't do well in thunderstorms? Get out.

It's an Airbus 330, made of conventional materials.

Composites are used heavily in the fuselage, and it's "fly-by-wire".
Old June 1st 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I went to the Gestapo (Wal Mart) store for a new bathroom window
curtain.They don't have them anymore.Then I went across Highway 18 to
the other Gestapo (Lowe's) store, because somebody told me to go there
and buy something called Jungle Soil Conditioner, for my flower bed that
someday I hope to find something to put in there so I can grow some
stupid flowers.The Lowe's Gestapo store doesn't sell it anymore.

I figured I would stop off at the Sears store on my way home to doggy's
couch and see if Sears sells bathroom window curtains, but I forgot to
go to the Sears store.Pizz on it!, I am tired, I am taking the rest of
the day off.Those F..ked up stores don't sell the common ordinary house
hold things people need anymore.F..k em!

Tomorrow morning I will go to Hutto's Yard and Garden Center on Ellis
Avenue like I should have done in the first place.I KNOW Hutto's has
what I need for that stupid flower bed on top of my concrete septic tank
in my front yard.
cuhulin

Old June 2nd 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Liberty Co, FAA to to discuss report of object near Plane? ''Missile or
Rocket''
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=265794
cuhulin