Old June 7th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT What TV Shows Do You Watch?

Most of American tv is so boring, and the old, old movies I like to
watch on DirecTV, I have seen them a million times already.

I keep thinking someday I will buy a Lyngsat www.lyngsat.com or a
Pansat (I don't know their website.Where you at Lee Richardson? in
Evansville,Indiana) satellite rig so I can watch a lot of
International/Worldwide tv programs, for free.

I wouldn't understand all of those languages, but I guess I would
understand the gist of that stuff.
cuhulin

Old June 7th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 7, 9:46*am, Bushcraftgregg wrote:
On Jun 7, 10:02*am, wrote:

On Jun 6, 2:30*pm, Telamon
wrote:

In article
,

*BCBlazysusan wrote:
I always wanted to start this thread in here. What are your favorite
television shows? Are there shows you watch that you just can't wait
till they come on the following week? Too make sure you don't miss
them, do you set your DVR maybe?

I'll start.

My favorite show for the last three years is "Deadliest Catch." If I
didn't have a bum back at times I would try anything to get on one of
those boats, preferably either The Time Bandit or the Cornelia Marie
just once to say I did it. I had no idea the danger catching those
crab presented for the skipper and crew. From the time they off load
those crabs within hours they are sitting on someones plate.
Incredible IMO.

The king crab season is now over and what they are showing now was
taped in January, the Ophelia Crab season which is even more dangerous
than the king crab season. Never had crab, almost makes me want to try
it just because I now know everything those guys go through.

My second favorite show, which surprised me, is Diners-Drive Inns and
Dives on the food channel. That is the only show I watch that I notice
I am smiling through the entire show.

Third would be Ice Road Truckers followed closely by the MSBC shows
called "Lockup"....self explanatory. Last but not least, anything to
do with the UFC, I love that stuff, watch every PPV I can.

I hope others share their favorites, this could actually be a good
thread for a change instead of Mike messing it up. Dave/Charlie/SC/BA
(I don't think you see what we see) Steve/Telamon/RHF/BDK and others
please feel free.:-)

I have not owned a TV for decades. Most of what is on is lame. I have
seen clips of shows on the web and I see things have not changed over
the years. I would rather spend my time doing something else.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

I certainly understand your thinking behind that. It seems I only
watch four to five shows regularly, the rest I can leave it. But there
are some, like the ones I noted, are extremely intriguing to me for
some reason.- Hide quoted text -

Diners / Drive Inns ands Dives remains my favorite. I've been emailing
Guy Fietti at the food newtwork to get him to visit one of the diners
out here.

If you are e-mailing him, you might want to spell his name correctly,
it's "Guy Fieri."

LMAO!!!
Old June 7th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

A TV is a matter of survival here in the tinder dry fire-prone SoCal
foothills. It can get pretty hairy sometimes.

Same here. I use mine to trap muskrat and beaver. Sometimes their fur
leaves lots of strands in the trim and controls, giving the enclosure a
well follicled look.

What a weird coincidence.

mike

--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

Densa International©
For the OTHER two percent.

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or HOTMAIL address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check:
http://improve-usenet.org/

Old June 7th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article 4a2b6ee2.5065500@chupacabra,
Bob Dobbs wrote:

Telamon wrote:

I have not owned a TV for decades. Most of what is on is lame.

I share your sentiments, however when something interesting happens they
have guys with vehicles full of fuel to haul those expensive cameras to
the scene and televise stuff that I would find difficult or impossible
to see first hand. Also some of the programming* is interesting enough
to filter through the 'messages'.
*Numb3rs
*Flashpoint
*Nova
*Frontline
and a few others that don't come to mind right off hand.
I don't care for the so called contrived reality hoaxes nor anything
with a laugh track, nor hollywood gossip. Used to watch MMA/UFC stuff
but it's all been pulled around here, have to go out in the street to
see that action these days.
Oh and I almost forgot - Watching the RedWings take the 'cup' again.

I know I'm missing some good stuff. I watch TV programs at my brothers
place sometimes such as the History channel and Nova but that caliber of
program is maybe 5% of all programming. Speaking for myself it is just
to easy to plop down on the couch and start watching something good for
a while then spend more time watching what turns out to be crap so it is
a negative use of time over all.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 7th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dave wrote:

Bob Dobbs wrote:
Telamon wrote:
I have not owned a TV for decades. Most of what is on is lame.

I share your sentiments, however when something interesting happens they
have guys with vehicles full of fuel to haul those expensive cameras to
the scene and televise stuff that I would find difficult or impossible
to see first hand. Also some of the programming* is interesting enough
to filter through the 'messages'.

A TV is a matter of survival here in the tinder dry fire-prone SoCal
foothills. It can get pretty hairy sometimes.

Radio -- KNX 1070

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old June 7th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Coohoo Pansat

http://www.skyvision.com/store/mpeg_store.html
Old June 7th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
dave wrote:

Bob Dobbs wrote:
Telamon wrote:
I have not owned a TV for decades. Most of what is on is lame.
I share your sentiments, however when something interesting happens they
have guys with vehicles full of fuel to haul those expensive cameras to
the scene and televise stuff that I would find difficult or impossible
to see first hand. Also some of the programming* is interesting enough
to filter through the 'messages'.

A TV is a matter of survival here in the tinder dry fire-prone SoCal
foothills. It can get pretty hairy sometimes.

Radio -- KNX 1070

These guys cover local fires and floods real well, but I still like the
aerial surveillance from Viacom and Newscorp.

http://www.hometownstation.com/

http://www.fccinfo.com/CMDProFacLook...ll+Sign+Search
Old June 8th 09, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 7, 12:04*pm, wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:46*am, Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:02*am, wrote:

On Jun 6, 2:30*pm, Telamon
wrote:

In article
,

*BCBlazysusan wrote:
[...]

LMAO!!!- Hide quoted text -

I stand corrected, good to know you know the correct spelling of his
name.;-) I saw his other show today for the first time...."Guy's Big
Bite." But I just can't handle watching cooking shows. I like Triple D
because of the areas they go to and getting to see the different
people. I always enjoyed diner food since I was a kid, we are blessed
with many great diners in the Cincinnati area.
Old June 8th 09, 07:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

*Bob Dobbs wrote:

Telamon wrote:

[...]

Telamon - I know what you're saying. There's nothing wrong with
watching "some" television but I don't let it dictate what I do. My
reading time is the most important time for me. That is when
everything, including the radios go off, I would do without tv if it
came down between the two....and it's not even close.

Old June 8th 09, 08:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 7, 5:09*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:
Telamon wrote:
I have not owned a TV for decades. Most of what is on is lame.

I share your sentiments, however when something interesting happens they
have guys with vehicles full of fuel to haul those expensive cameras to
the scene and televise stuff that I would find difficult or impossible
to see first hand. Also some of the programming* is interesting enough
to filter through the 'messages'.

A TV is a matter of survival here in the tinder dry fire-prone SoCal
foothills. *It can get pretty hairy sometimes.

Yep, San Diego here,
where the two seasons are;
fire season and mud slide season.
then there's the subset called tourist season where the TV can show all
the reasons to be glad you didn't decide to go to the beach that day ;-)

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

I have always heard and read that San Diego has THE BEST weather of
any other area in the country, other than it being out there in
earthquake city it sounds and looks like the nicest place (weather
wise) to live.