Old June 7th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DXing with the Drake

Using the SW8 tonight to DX with my eaves long wire, working well. I can
compare it with the Sat 800. Looks like I better check the Sat 800 long wire
tomorrow. I think it may have a small limb on it. Takes a little thinking to
tune the Drake after using the 800 so much.

I have a double yo-yo hung in the eaves and it does not work as well as the
Longwire-L-Sloping. I have some copper wire and I need to hang some flower
pots up there so maybe I'll put it up with a east/west. Can't get a slope
but I will work in some "L".

Doing the BBC & RCI great. I can move my tap over to the long wire but I
think it has a high ground.

Guess I'll go to bed and worry about it tomorrow.

--
Burr
Big, Lean, Mean and Clean

Old June 8th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 7, 8:48�am, "Just Plain Burr" wrote:
[...]

Burr,

Do you get better reception from the SW8 than from the Sat800? I've
got the Grundi and been giving some consideration to acquiring the
Drake. Is it up step uf from the 800?

Mike
Old June 8th 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Mike"

Do you get better reception from the SW8 than from the Sat800? I've
got the Grundi and been giving some consideration to acquiring the
Drake. Is it up step uf from the 800?

Mike

Mike, I like the 800 better. It's much easier (sic) to use then the drake.

I think reception all depends on the antenna. You have to go a long way to
beat a good long wire, add a slope and a little "L" and "I Think" it can't
be beat.

I use both the SW8 and 800 when I'm DXing sometimes and they are about the
same maybe a little better with the 800 but things change so fast.

If you can afford a Drake then get it but put your money and time in an
Antenna, ground and battery power if you can. with good antenna, ground and
nice clean(flat) battery power any/most radios sound good. I have a YB400
that's great when setup right.

Burr

Old June 8th 09, 08:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael W. Bryant, the dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, and whom Louisville
Technical Institute was stupid enough to hire without due diligence, wrote:

[...]

"Is it up step uf from the 800?"

Wow!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

And, as always, don't let your children attend Louisville Technical Institute.
They've hired at least one dufus who once claimed to have a PhD, and who knows,
there may be more dufi there.

Serious DXing with a Drake SW8 denny Shortwave 6 March 27th 08 06:25 AM
Anyone DXing Tommy Tootles Shortwave 6 April 30th 07 03:17 PM
Messageboards,,, A Good Read............dxing.info/community...............dxing.info/community http://www.lookaboutusa.com/ Shortwave 1 January 18th 07 09:02 PM
DXing never more? AK Dx 0 September 2nd 03 04:23 PM
Need HF rig for first try at DXing Greg Courville General 4 August 20th 03 03:29 PM