Old June 23rd 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eton E1XM receiver for parts or project $100

Eton E1XM receiver with serial in the 80xxx (not one of the first-run
from the manufacturer). It has worked wonderfully until, recently, the
buttons stopped working. All of them. The display is perfect, it still
gets signal and produces audio (though without button operation, it's
in the SW band only) and everything else operates just fine. Called
R.L. Drake about repair, they estimate 1 hour of labor plus parts
(estimate $125, and shipping both ways to Ohio). I've decided to bail.
Your options: buy from me for $100 plus actual shipping and insurance,
and get it repaired, in which case you've got a $450 radio
(calculation: $418 from Universal Radio plus tax and shipping) for
about $250. Or, you could cannibalize it for parts. Power supply and
satellite antenna included. One last note on condition: The radio's
folding antenna is slightly bent at the top section.
Old June 24th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

thanks! i'll try that tonite.

michael
Old June 24th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well, it was worth a try. Found all ribbon cables to be correctly
seated ... I re-seated them anyway and inspected. All clean, nothing
apparently awry inside, no blackened vacuum tubes (har har), a
surprisingly tidy interior. Thanks for the suggestion.

michael
Old June 24th 09, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks again for the help, Bob. I'm going to keep trying to sell it.
(I went to storage and opened up my near-mint Grundig Satellit 700, so
I haven't gone without my SW program favorites).

Wondering whether $100 isn't the right price for this receiver. I'll
take best offer above $70 for E1XM with power supply and satellite
antenna (plus actual shipping). Anyone out there? I can say the E1XM
is exceptionally easy to work on.

cheers

michael
Old June 24th 09, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

mjcrook wrote:
Thanks again for the help, Bob. I'm going to keep trying to sell it.
(I went to storage and opened up my near-mint Grundig Satellit 700, so
I haven't gone without my SW program favorites).

Wondering whether $100 isn't the right price for this receiver. I'll
take best offer above $70 for E1XM with power supply and satellite
antenna (plus actual shipping). Anyone out there? I can say the E1XM
is exceptionally easy to work on.

cheers

michael

I have a really nice Casio 2.5" TV that I'll let go for $10.

Old June 24th 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I betcha Brenda Ann can fix that E1XM radio.
cuhulin

Old June 24th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

ooh, now that's tempting. is it digital? ;-)

Old June 24th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"mjcrook" wrote in message
ooh, now that's tempting. is it digital? ;-)

Would make a great paperweight (just like my nice TFT Casio and my Sony
Watchman).

How much to ship that E1 to 96271 via USPS Priority mail? I'll offer the $70
for it. Of course, I'll have to turn it right around to Drake for the
repairs (I'm a pretty darn good tech, but SMT is way beyond my skillset (my
eyes are not so good as they used to be).

Old June 24th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have a bunch of eyeglasses I bought at the Goodwill store.Two dollars
each, I can still see real good out of a few of them.One of them has
extra thick magnafying lenses, I can see the Atomic structure of those
gnats hairs, almost.
www.shopgoodwill.com

I am fixin to go sit on the back end of my trailer under the shade trees
and eat four cold oranges, after I take doggy out in the front yard for
a few minutes.
cuhulin

Old June 25th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.internettrains.com/mercha...Code=TLSOPTMAG

FS: Eton E1XM Kevin Nathan Shortwave 0 June 3rd 07 11:17 PM
Eton E1XM for sale [email protected] Shortwave 0 November 29th 05 04:59 AM
Eton E1XM Radio "News & Info" / Who has the Eton E1 XM Radio "For Sale" ? / Locating an Eton E1 XM Radio to Buy ! RHF Shortwave 0 August 16th 05 03:37 AM