Old August 6th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default hi there

On Aug 6, 10:30*am, Krypsis wrote:

I used to take my trusty old FRG7 whenever I was sent OS. It must have
been one of the very earliest of them as I bought it in 1977. I see that
they were only produced from 77-80. In the old days I was sent OS for a
few weeks at a time but in recent years I rarely spent more than a few
days sorting out issues so I didn't bother taking anything other than my
Sony 7600D. The FRG7700 was much bulkier than the FRG7 anyway. That
7600D did a lot of miles with me until it met an untimely end. It got
drowned on one of my OS forays and I never bothered replacing it. Damn
tropical rainstorms!

I can imagine that scenario.

Interestingly, the 7600D seemed much more sensitive
* than any of the FRG's that I have owned. Maybe I should get another
one of them.

Maybe you should, that would be a trip if you
actually did.

I wished I had that piece you do and I know there

There's plenty out there that would give a 7700 a run for its money
these days.

Indeed, but it's not a 7700.:-)

At my age, going any higher than a 2-step ladder is fraught with risk.
My balance isn't what it used to be.

Hey, I can totally understand that, and I am at the
43 yr. old mark. I have to be a lot more careful than I
was 10 yrs. ago.

My 70 year old neighbour fell off
his roof a while back and it took him a good year to come good.

Yeah, he's lucky he didn't kill him himself.

Any
longwire I rig up will, at best, be a "jury rig". I probably wouldn't be
able to find my insulators, baluns, etc. so I will have to source some
of them I will have to get a younger, more agile person to do the
climbing however.

I am sure that won't be a problem, all you have to
do is simply ask. There are many that would be
more than happy to take care of it for you, I am sure- but you have to
ask. Believe
it or not, if you were in my neighborhood, I'd hook
you up, but then you would have to let me listen to
your receiver.:-)

Old August 6th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 6, 9:29*am, Bushcraftgregg wrote:
[...]

***Krispy Cream wrote...
"...I spent time in soc culture Vietnam..."

FN writes...

Krispo, are you still there...?...Me thinks the Distinguished Troll
Society smells another "playground"...*grin*
Old August 6th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

soc.culture.vietnam?

I got more than enough culture when I did my year over there in 1964.My
brother was over there too, in 1962 and 1964 after a year in Germany.He
wasen't crazy like I am.
cuhulin

Old August 6th 09, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

nurk_fred2000 wrote:
On Aug 6, 9:29 am, Bushcraftgregg wrote:

snip

I am sure that won't be a problem, all you have to
do is simply ask. There are many that would be
more than happy to take care of it for you, I am sure- but you have to
ask. Believe
it or not, if you were in my neighborhood, I'd hook
you up, but then you would have to let me listen to
your receiver.:-)

***Krispy Cream wrote...
"...I spent time in soc culture Vietnam..."

FN writes...

Krispo, are you still there...?...Me thinks the Distinguished Troll
Society smells another "playground"...*grin*

So Gregg, you really want to identify with these morons? To them, usenet
is merely a "playground", a place they can be big brave bullies".
They're real heroes, these trolls, with destruction the only game.

Your call

Krypsis
Old August 7th 09, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 7, 2:30*am, Krypsis wrote:
Larbgai ONLY has bad thoughts. Let me know when he posts something
useful on this forum but I won't be holding my breath. He's number one
in my killfile.

***** Oh dear Krypto, you're still whinging and whining like the old
has been you always were.

Funny thing is that by looking at your posting history you will find
that it is YOU that follows me around not vice versa.
Perhaps that make you the troll and me the victim. ;-)

I see I am top of your killfile, and we all know that a killfile is
the last resort for cowards don't we?
Post what they like but don't have the guts to answer their critics.

That sure sums you up old bean.

btw. Nice cut and pastes about the radio stuff, I think you've got
some of the boyz fooled.

'-)

Old August 7th 09, 01:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On tonight's Trailer Park Boys, at 9:00 PM.
''Let the Liquor Do the Thinking and Going Off the Rails On the Swayzie
Train''
Patrick Swayzie's model train has been reported stolen.Lahey convinces
Jacob to wear a wire in a sting against the boys.
Only on DIRECTV.
cuhulin

Old August 8th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 6, 4:23*pm, Krypsis wrote:
nurk_fred2000 wrote:
On Aug 6, 9:29 am, Bushcraftgregg wrote:

snip

I am sure that won't be a problem, all you have to
do is simply ask. There are many that would be
more than happy to take care of it for you, I am sure- but you have to
ask. Believe
it or not, if you were in my neighborhood, I'd hook
you up, but then you would have to let me listen to
your receiver.:-)

***Krispy Cream wrote...
"...I spent time in soc culture Vietnam..."

FN writes...

Krispo, are you still there...?...Me thinks the Distinguished Troll
Society smells another "playground"...*grin*

So Gregg, you really want to identify with these morons? To them, usenet
is merely a "playground", a place they can be big brave bullies".
They're real heroes, these trolls, with destruction the only game.

Krypsis, I know how you feel about them, "some"
of it IMO you may have brought a little on yourself,
I'm not saying all of it...but maybe a tad.

I'm not saying your a bad guy either. But Larb/Fred
and the guys have always treated me with respect.

IMO - Kramer is unlike *ANYTHING* I have ever
read in usenet, a true physological study, he holds
me almost spellbound in a weird way when I read
his posts.

All Fred / Larb and the boys did, was bring out the
fact that he is one of the most (IMO) incredible
"story tellers".....and by that - I mean a truly disturbed
individual who for whatever reason...just isn't happy
enough with his life ....which I don't understand myself because he
lives or had lived in some of the worlds most exotic locations. But
for some reason
that only Kramer himself can explain - - it apparently
just isn't enough.

The part Krypsis I don't understand, is why in the world would you
"stand up" so too speak for someone like that? You may not like the
way the
guys are unrelenting, but that is exactly what it takes
for someone like him.

I can be usenet friends with you and also with Larb
and the guys. Just remember, this group is about
shortwave radio and the entire spectrum and anything that goes along
with it, not bullcrap. It gets
old IMO and makes this group not fun when there
is constant bickering. Mike pushed and pushed, not
just at me either....he has/had done it for **YEARS**.
Old August 8th 09, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 8, 9:27*pm, Krypsis wrote:
Did you ensure that the posts you read were written by Kramer? I seem to
recall the trolls were rather prone to faking posts by all and sundry
back then.

****** Show us just one Krypto.
You can't of course because they were all genuine posts by your nutter
mate, however the challenge is there.
Prove me wrong.

One could rarely be sure who wrote what post. Many
subscribers left s.c.t about this time, and for this reason, never to
return. All that remains of s.c.t's former glory are a couple of
diehards. Certainly there remains minimal discussion that could even be
remotely considered on-topic.

*****Certainly not your whinging and whining.

I particularly recall one poster, name of Sandy, who lived in Bangkok.
He always posted on-topic stuff, typically about daily life there, and
was never rude to anyone. Nor did he boast about his life in Bangkok.
The mere fact that he was able to live quite happily in Bangkok was
anathema to these trolls so they started hounding him.

******Again total bull****. Show us any posts where we hounded Sandy.
Ooooops looks like egg on your face again old man.

I've never worked

*****The only truth you've ever told.

out their justification for this and can only assume jealousy. Anyway,
they soon began faking his posts and that must have been the last straw
for him as he ceased to post not long after. If you had been reading his
posts, it was easy to tell which were the faked posts as they were so
totally out of character. This was the case for 3 or 4 previous on-topic
posters as well.

***** Once again supply the evidence.

All Fred / Larb and the boys did, was bring out the
fact that he is one of the most (IMO) incredible
"story tellers".....and by that - I mean a truly disturbed

Bring out the fact? They "created" the fact... Whatever was posted by
Kramer was distorted to hell by the trolls. Remember, if you repeat a
lie often enough, it gains a "status" that can be easily mistaken for
credibility.

******** Ahhhhh So that's your tactic eh Krypto?

individual who for whatever reason...just isn't happy
enough with his life ....which I don't understand myself because he

I would have said the trolls were the ones who were disturbed and not
happy with their lives. They show this disturbance with every post.

lives or had lived in some of the worlds most exotic locations. But
for some reason

He seemed reasonably happy, certainly not "disturbed" in any way, when I
met him in Chiang Mai some years back. We met at a mutual friend's home
and he resembles in no way the person depicted by the trolls here.

****** What a total load of codswallop Krypto, you've never been to
Thailand and certainly never met Kramer.

At
the time I didn't know who he was as he was introduced only by his first
name. Quite a large expatriate community in Chiang Mai and I know a few
of them. I wouldn't call Chiang Mai exotic however. It was exotic when I
first traveled there in the 60's but it has become just another
metropolis nowadays. The tourists still venture there but it seems that
all the "attractions" I see nowadays are "canned", very artificial.

that only Kramer himself can explain - - it apparently
just isn't enough.

They took offence to Kramer having his business in Thailand identified
as a tagline on his posts. It doesn't take much to attract the trolls
attention. From what I saw, it was pure jealousy that HE could have a
business in Thailand and they couldn't.

******* Bull**** once again Krypto. Please read the archives and come
back when you have the facts.

The part Krypsis I don't understand, is why in the world would you
"stand up" so too speak for someone like that? You may not like the
way the guys are unrelenting, but that is exactly what it takes
for someone like him.

Like I said, Kramer is but one of many in the past the trolls have
targeted and harassed out of usenet. Did you note the way they stepped
in on Mike Bryant's case yet knowing little if anything about him. They
are just wanting to pick fights because their own lives are so dull and
miserable.

*******ROTFLMAO...... Dull and miserable???? Nope I was'nt a civil
servant for 55 years so no reason to be that way.

I can be usenet friends with you and also with Larb
and the guys. Just remember, this group is about
shortwave radio and the entire spectrum and anything that goes along
with it, not bullcrap. It gets

Well, when I first looked into r.r.s, I could have been forgiven for
thinking a massive flame war was in progress. Also, if you recall, YOU
moved into rec.knives and gave the trolls sufficient "fuel" to reignite
the fires in that forum. That action of yours was the basis of my
You need to be careful of the old adage that you seem to be applying
here. That is, "My enemy's enemy is my friend." In this case, your
enemy's enemy will soon become your enemy and the enemy of everyone else
in this forum. Choose your friends wisely else you may find yourself as
welcome in this forum as a turd in a swimming pool!

******* The only reason you moved here was to play games with us
Krypto.
A look at your record shows that you and that clown Brian (a far
cleverer troll that you will ever be) are always several days behind
the action.

old IMO and makes this group not fun when there
is constant bickering. Mike pushed and pushed, not

You could have chosen, as many did, to ignore it. That way, r.r.s would
have remained harmonious. That is how we deal with such in s.c.v, give
the trolls no air and they eventually get bored and move on. Most
discussion in s.c.v is in Vietnamese anyway so the trolls would be
pushing the proverbial uphill to interject in any meaningful way. The
Vietnamese Government toss in their own trollish interjectors into s.c.v
as well but these are well known. The word gets round and they are
totally ignored.

******* Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

just at me either....he has/had done it for **YEARS**.

Like I said, ignore it. Respond to those posts you consider reasonable
and ignore the rest. I notice that most in r.r.s indeed do exactly that.

Krypsis- Hide quoted text -