Old August 28th 09, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default It is better to give than to receive.

N9NEO wrote:
Every week when I go to the lumber store I buy two packages of
incandescent bulbs. I do not like the new designs which are noisy and
contain who knows what materials inside. I've heard there is MERCURY
inside them. That's totally obscene. We need to keep the Mercury in
the children's vaccines where it belongs. In the wintertime I don't
think incandescent bulbs are really inefficient as we are heating the
house up anyway.

Who cares what's inside them; you're not going to eat them. More
mercury is scattered over the countryside producing the extra Watts
required by your coal-burning lamp.

I have been using fluorescent lamps exclusively for 20 years; there's no
way I'd go back to the incandescents.
Old August 28th 09, 01:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

NX211 wrote:
On Aug 27, 6:15 pm, dave wrote:
NX211 wrote:

I plan on burning the hot, inefficient, power hungry incandescent
bulbs the rest of my life.

May I ask why?

Because there's no reason to stop. Every time I go to Walmart I
pick up a few more packages. I will burn them for as long as I can
and you should too.

When people are fighting for your energy it's kind of wrong to waste it.
Old August 28th 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com
Radioactive Coal

We all have to burn something, or the other, or we will freeze to death.

You know how to use scissors and cut out a paper spiral and hang it over
an Incandescant Light Bulb with a piece of thread and watch it twirl
around.
cuhulin

Old August 28th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Aug 28, 8:19*am, dave wrote:
NX211 wrote:
On Aug 27, 6:15 pm, dave wrote:
NX211 wrote:

I plan on burning the hot, inefficient, power hungry incandescent
bulbs the rest of my life.
May I ask why?

Because there's no reason to stop. * Every time I go to Walmart I
pick up a few more packages. *I will burn them for as long as I can
and you should too.

When people are fighting for your energy it's kind of wrong to waste it.

You foolish person. People are fighting so that I can burn
incandescent bulbs - and I will.
And, like I said, you should too.
Old August 28th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Incandescent Light Bulbs make good hand warmers too, when it is cold
weather.Get an Incandescent Light Bulb and glue a Light Bulb socket on
to a good Bulb.Get a bowl of sand and put the Light Bulb in the bowl of
sand so that the glued on socket is sticking up at an angle.Plug in the
Light Bulb and turn it on, hide the cord real good, you can drill a hole
in a plastic or wooden bowl for the cord.

tHat is a ''Trick'' I once saw in a Popular Science magazine back in the
1950s.
cuhulin

Old August 28th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

NX211 wrote:
On Aug 28, 8:19 am, dave wrote:
NX211 wrote:
On Aug 27, 6:15 pm, dave wrote:
NX211 wrote:
I plan on burning the hot, inefficient, power hungry incandescent
bulbs the rest of my life.
May I ask why?
Because there's no reason to stop. Every time I go to Walmart I
pick up a few more packages. I will burn them for as long as I can
and you should too.

When people are fighting for your energy it's kind of wrong to waste it.

You foolish person. People are fighting so that I can burn
incandescent bulbs - and I will.
And, like I said, you should too.

That's illogical, Captain.
Old August 28th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
N9NEO wrote:
Every week when I go to the lumber store I buy two packages of
incandescent bulbs. I do not like the new designs which are noisy and
contain who knows what materials inside. I've heard there is MERCURY
inside them. That's totally obscene. We need to keep the Mercury in
the children's vaccines where it belongs. In the wintertime I don't
think incandescent bulbs are really inefficient as we are heating the
house up anyway.

Who cares what's inside them; you're not going to eat them. More mercury
is scattered over the countryside producing the extra Watts required by
your coal-burning lamp.

I have been using fluorescent lamps exclusively for 20 years; there's no
way I'd go back to the incandescents.

Though you can still buy incandescent lamps here, almost no one uses them.
This is because energy is so blankety-blank expensive here. Trust me, when
Americans are paying 60 cents per kilowatt hour in the US, they'll quit
clinging to energy-hungry devices. Our light bill averages something like
$500-600 a month during the summer, and that's with only using an air
conditioner at night so we can sleep (and that only in the bedroom). I'd
hate to think what the power bill would be if we replaced all our CFL's with
incandescents using 5x the power..

Old August 28th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
N9NEO wrote:
[...]

Damn! My electric bill last month was $30.52 and that included sales tax and a
couple other rinky dink charges they threw on. Actual charge was about $20.50 or
so.

That included a bit of A/C usage, and admittedly we had a cool month (take that,
AlGore!).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 29th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
N9NEO wrote:
[...]

And YES! I plan on using incandescents until they toss me in the ground or the
ocean.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 29th 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
N9NEO wrote:
[...]

We have tiered service; it can get up to $00.40/KWH. My bill is
usually around $100. It was higher in Texas, due to the need to
refrigerate one's self from April to October.