Old August 29th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.republican

Default (OT) : Prez Obama's "Cap-and-Trade" Laws = More Obama-Taxes© On Daily Living = It's Tax Slavery !

On Aug 28, 3:26*pm, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:
"dave" wrote in message

N9NEO wrote:
Every week when I go to the lumber store I buy two packages of
incandescent bulbs. *I do not like the new designs which are noisy and
contain who knows what materials inside. * I've heard there is MERCURY
inside them. *That's totally obscene. * We need to keep the Mercury in
the children's vaccines where it belongs. *In the wintertime I don't
think incandescent bulbs are really inefficient as we are heating the
house up anyway.

Who cares what's inside them; you're not going to eat them. *More mercury
is scattered over the countryside producing the extra Watts required by
your coal-burning lamp.

I have been using fluorescent lamps exclusively for 20 years; there's no
way I'd go back to the incandescents.

Though you can still buy incandescent lamps here, almost no one uses them..
This is because energy is so blankety-blank expensive here. *

- Trust me, when Americans are paying 60 cents
- per kilowatt hour in the US,

Prez Obama's "Cap-and-Trade" Laws the
Obama-Eco-Bots© Doing Energy Audit :
? What Next Obama-Enviro-Polizei© ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...be48ef5cd135b1

? Why Does Prez Obama advocate EcoScience
{Cap-and-Trade} as a major Political Goal of the
Obama-Regime© ?
http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/
-and- EcoScience {Cap-and-Trade} a cornerstone
of ObamaNomics©
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Holdren
Old September 13th 09, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default It is better to give than to receive.

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Bushcraftgregg" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 6:52 pm, AC Ratone wrote:
However, you will get better reception if you give your neighbors a
case of shiny new incandescent bulbs before it is too late.

troll.

There is actually something to what he said. CFL's, even the newer, quieter
ones, put out RFI. Incandescents do not.

That being said, there will come a time when the change must be made for the
sake of the ecology (and, if not the ecology, then your power bill!).

As soon as the new LED TV's come down in price (doggone are those things
NICE!), I will be replacing our PDP sets with them, and save about 60% on
the cost of watching TV...

I can verify that 110%. I fired up my Hammarlund a few months back and
got a loud buzzing at 60 or 120 Hertz and thought I had a bad filter
cap. I turned off the ceiling light (2 CFL's from China) and it got
better, not great but better. Then I found we had one for a front porch
lite and turned it off and could hear the noise diminish from my radio.
I found a few neighbors with them and asked them if they could turn them
off for 5 minutes and I had just about 5 minutes of good radio.
It does not matter whether it is a $$0.99 unit from Wal-mart or a $5.00
American named unit from Home Depot, they are the same guts.
Until this gutless country tells China they had better control the
noise, and quit putting name brands on junk bulbs it will only get worse.
I have a bicycle headlight that can be shined on the ceiling and provide
plenty of light most of the night.

Not all things are what you hear on television.

Bill Baka
Old September 13th 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
"dave" wrote in message
N9NEO wrote:
[...]

Americans are paying 60 cents per kilowatt hour in the US, they'll quit
clinging to energy-hungry devices. Our light bill averages something like
$500-600 a month during the summer, and that's with only using an air
conditioner at night so we can sleep (and that only in the bedroom). I'd
hate to think what the power bill would be if we replaced all our CFL's with
incandescents using 5x the power..

Where ever you live I am glad I don't. You are getting completely raped
on you electric bill. What appliances short of an electric dryer can
possibly take that much? Central heating?

Bill Baka
Old September 13th 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bill Baka" wrote in message

Though you can still buy incandescent lamps here, almost no one uses
them. This is because energy is so blankety-blank expensive here. Trust
me, when Americans are paying 60 cents per kilowatt hour in the US,
they'll quit clinging to energy-hungry devices. Our light bill averages
something like $500-600 a month during the summer, and that's with only
using an air conditioner at night so we can sleep (and that only in the
bedroom). I'd hate to think what the power bill would be if we replaced
all our CFL's with incandescents using 5x the power..

Where ever you live I am glad I don't. You are getting completely raped on
you electric bill. What appliances short of an electric dryer can possibly
take that much? Central heating?

Three things: Computers, Refrigerators and A/C.

Mind you, our power bill is being broken up into three pieces, as we
actually have three different 'drops', one for each apartment (we live in
two apartments that have been conjoined) and one for the basement, which
also feeds my shop. This month's electric bill is over $700 (they raised the
electric rates last month). We have a 'graduated scale' billing system. If
we used less than 100KWH in a month (totally impossible), our power would be
about 4 cents per KWH. The second 100 KWH is billed at 10 cents/KWH, the
third at 15 cents, the fourth at 22 cents, the fifth at 35 cents, and over
that at 62 cents per KWH. This is the sort of thing that happens when you
live in a country with limited resources that has to buy things like
electricity (either directly or by virtue of buying raw materials to make
their own.)

Old September 13th 09, 10:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I has to watch Ripley's Believe It or Not! on the Chiller channel rat
now.Sompin abouts a techno bra.
Tomorrow wHen I stop off at teh Goodwill store on my way to the Lowe's
store, I am going to ask Pam where can I buy me a pump up bra.
cuhulin

Old September 13th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My latest snail mail bank statement will show up here in a few days, but
my Entergy electricity bill last time was $48.89.

Entergy is going to move their headquarters from N'Awlins to
Jackson,Mississippi.Because of Hurricane Katrina.Much Safer around here
(Hurricane wise, anyway) than N'Awlins.
cuhulin

Old September 14th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Though you can still buy incandescent lamps here, almost no one uses
them. This is because energy is so blankety-blank expensive here. Trust
me, when Americans are paying 60 cents per kilowatt hour in the US,
they'll quit clinging to energy-hungry devices. Our light bill averages
something like $500-600 a month during the summer, and that's with only
using an air conditioner at night so we can sleep (and that only in the
bedroom). I'd hate to think what the power bill would be if we replaced
all our CFL's with incandescents using 5x the power..

Where ever you live I am glad I don't. You are getting completely raped on
you electric bill. What appliances short of an electric dryer can possibly
take that much? Central heating?

Three things: Computers, Refrigerators and A/C.

I have 2 Computers, one over/under Refrigerator, 2 window A/C units, and
a stand alone freezer that is turned on lowest just to keep the
compressor kicking over a few times a day. My bill is only about $60-$80.
We have a graduated scale that starts at about 12 cents per KWH, then
goes up at 500 KWH, which is considered the 'baseline' below which
people can't even afford to turn on lights or cook.
At 1,000 KWH it goes up again to about 23 cents. We usually manage to
keep it at about 700 KWH since the window air units are so much more
efficient than a central unit.

Mind you, our power bill is being broken up into three pieces, as we
actually have three different 'drops', one for each apartment (we live in
two apartments that have been conjoined) and one for the basement, which
also feeds my shop. This month's electric bill is over $700 (they raised the
electric rates last month). We have a 'graduated scale' billing system. If
we used less than 100KWH in a month (totally impossible), our power would be
about 4 cents per KWH. The second 100 KWH is billed at 10 cents/KWH, the
third at 15 cents, the fourth at 22 cents, the fifth at 35 cents, and over
that at 62 cents per KWH. This is the sort of thing that happens when you
live in a country with limited resources that has to buy things like
electricity (either directly or by virtue of buying raw materials to make
their own.)

I'm in California and paying less than half of what you pay so I stick
with the comment "You are being raped.".

Bill Baka

Old September 14th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Shoe throwing Iraqi reporter about to be released.
http://eastday.com

Alrightttttt,,,, he never should have been locked up in the first place!
Will he be going to Dallas? Wingtip Shoes.

Old McBlueberry owns the couch,,,, Yipee Yi O Ki Ayyyyyy,,,,,,
cuhulin